Chapter 10: Did we rush?

"Jake? What's wrong?" Aurora's voice is faded as I wake slowly.

"What?" I mumble.

"You were trashing around and whimpering." Aurora sits beside me on the bed. Her hair is pulled into a ponytail and a smudge of flour sits on her cheek bone.

"I think it was just a bad dream, I don't really remember." I tell her just to reassure her. But, I do remember, I will never forget it.

"Okay Jake, so long as you're alright." A flash of pain flashes across her face as she stands.

"Hey, Aurora, you don't think we rushed this did you?" I just had to ask.

"I think we did, Jake." Tears form in her eyes.

"Get in here with me. I'll tell you how we're going to fix this." I pull back the duvet and she climbs in.

"How are we going to fix it Jake?"

"I'll sleep in your spare room for a while, so it will be like we're just flat mates. We'll still be going out, we just won't be living together as such. We'll go on dates and do all the couple stuff, we'll just take things nice and slow. Starting tomorrow of course because I'm comfortable here." I tell her with a laugh.

"Sounds like a plan." She replies snuggling down into me.

Maybe Aurora and I did rush into things, but we'll make it work. I don't want to let Aurora down, so I'll make it work. I think she might just be the one girl I could actually trust after my own mother and a girl I thought was my best friend betrayed me in a way that nobody would forgive. They hurt me, to what I thought was, beyond repair. But Aurora will fix it. I know it.

---------------------------------------------

Sorry that this chapter isn't very long. Longer chapters will be coming up soon. So keep reading.

Rhiannon. x