Chapter 6: Never Leave

"I'm going on a date tonight." I tell Casey with a smile. 

"Haha. Funny joke, Jake!" Casey reacts, with a not-so-nice look on her face. 

"Do you have to be such a bitch at times? I am going on a date tonight, so shut up." I tell her sternly.  

"Jezz! Don't get your pants in a twist. I was joking, right. Sorry." She says. But I know she doesn't mean it.

At half past seven I start to get ready for my date with Aurora. I put on some dark jeans with a button-down shirt and some plain black Vans. I leave my hair the way it is.

"Bye Casey! Don't wait up." I shout to her before I leave.  

I don't get a reply.

As I pull up outside the supermarket I see Aurora waiting for me already. She looks stunning. She's wearing black skinny jeans, a red top themed with a leather jacket and black Converse.  

"Hey Aurora." I say, pulling up beside her. 

"Hi Jake." She answers, getting into the car. 

"You look amazing." I tell her with a cheeky wink. 

"Thank you very much. You look lovely too." Aurora gushes. 

I look over at her and smile, she smiles back and I drive to the restaurant.

While Aurora and I eat we ask each other questions so we can get to know one another better. 

"What's your second name?" I ask Aurora as I take a bite of my lasagne. 

"Leven," She tells me, "What's yours?" 

"Kennedy." I answer. Usually I say Bugg because that my stage name but I decide to tell her my real second name, just because I like her so much.  

"What type of music do you like?" She asks. 

"I don't mind so long as its not dance and shitty." I tell her with a smile. 

"Wow! Me too." She says with a wink. 

Our laughing carries around the restaurant.

When Aurora and I are finished eating she invites me back to her place. When we pull up outside her house I'm amazed. It's massive, it has three floors and a large front garden.  

"It's lovely." I tell her as she opens the front door. 

Thank you, Jake. Go right in." Aurora says, waving me inside. 

The inside is just as nice. The red paint on the walls made it feel cosy and warm and this was just in the hall. In the sitting room the bottom of the wall had been painted purple. The top of the wall would have been left clean if not for the thousand words of what I made out to be song names followed by little snippets of the lyrics; written in purple ink, they matched the purple and black couches and armchairs. A television was at the end of the room squeezed in between two very large bookshelves stuffed to the brim with books, music sheets and music magazines.  

"Aurora, this place is amazing!" I tell her after taking it all in.  

"Thanks." She replies, blushing furiously. 

"Want to watch a movie?" She continues, pointing at the pile of DVDs under the television. 

"Sure. What have you got?" I ask her. 

"How about a scary one? Saw?" Aurora suggests while pulling out her Saw box-set, giggling. 

"Why not?" I say while patting the comfy couch beside me, beckoning for to sit beside me.  

She slides the DVD into the DVD player and jumps onto the couch beside me. I put my my arm around her and pull her closer. She snuggles up into, resetting her head on my chest.

I'm glad we picked Saw because if ever there's a gory part, and there's a lot of them, Aurora snuggles further into me; now she's sitting on my lap. Soon the movie is over. Aurora and I sit on her couch for a while.  

"Hey." I say to her, moving her face towards me. 

"Hey." She whispers back, looking straight into my eyes. I look right back into hers and wish I could stay here, on her couch, with her on my lap, forever. With my left hand on her warm check and my right hand on the curve of her body I pull her towards me and kiss her. She kisses back, one hand at the back of my neck and the other finding its way up the front if my top. We stop for a while. 

"Never leave." Aurora whispers into my ear. 

"I have no intentions to." I whisper back. And with that she kisses me.