Chapter 4: Nevermind

When I awoke the next day Casey wasn't there.

"Casey?" I called.

I heard giggling and laughing coming from her room so I went to investigate.

Her door was slightly open so I peaked in. What I saw made my blood boil. Casey was sitting on her bed kissing that monster that beat her up so many times before, Marcus.

"WHT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" I roared at Casey and Marcus. They both jumped apart with the shock.

"It's, it's, not what it l-looks like." Stammered Casey.

"I'll deal with you later," I snapped. "What do you think you're doing in my house?" I asked Marcus.

"Well, uh, Casey said I could come in." Marcus was always so stupid; I never did see what Casey saw in him.

"Get out. Before I call the police." I said to him pointing at the door. Marcus got up, but he paused at the door and winked at Casey saying "Call me." I lost it. I swung my arm at him and my fist connected with his jaw.

"Jake, no!" Screamed Casey flinging herself at me.

"Just leave!" She spat at Marcus, who was cradling a bruised jaw.

When Marcus left Casey turned on me.

"What the hell did you do that for?!" She asked angrily.

"Oh, I don't know, just because you were KISSING THE GUY WHO BEAT YOU UP!" I shout. I just care about her so much and she doesn't even realise it.

"Jake, I-I'm sorry..." Casey whispers.

"Whatever." I reply storming out of the room.

Why do I care about her so much?