Chapter 33: The Journey Home

-Natsu P.O.V-
"Right, Nova will be the one that carries the box," I instructed. "Is that okay with you?"
"I mean, it's a lot of pressure...but sure, I can do it!" Nova replied cheerfully. "Right, who's going first?"

"I think it would be a good idea to tell everyone the plan before we just shrink them all," Lucy said.
"Oh, right..." Nova added, giggling. "Well, you're in charge! Say it loud and proud."

"Attention everyone," Lucy called out.
"Maybe we need another podium..." I murmured to her, but she quickly shook her head.
"We can't go making podiums for every word we say," she answered. For some reason her reply made me laugh, but I tried to keep a straight face while she explained.

"With Nova's ability, we will retreat back to the Fiore palace which will serve as our safe house," Lucy informed everyone with a clear voice.
"Nova? Who's that?" Someone asked.
"She's a Rosafelt child with a magic that allows her to shrink objects. I don't exactly know the precise details, but I'm sure Nova will clarify them with you," Lucy further explained.
"U-Uh..." Nova stuttered. "I get terrible stage fright, Nii-sama," she whispered in my ear.
"I know, I did grow up with you," I replied. "It's fine. I'll be right here with you."

"Um..." Nova murmured, biting her fingernails. "M-My name is Nova, and my magic is called mini-magic..."
Aza, who had rejoined the crowd, called out words of encouragement.
"It's okay, Nova! We're all friends here!" She said with a big grin. She smiled back, flustered.
"Thank you, Aza," she answered.
"The crazy sword lady is right!" A girl next to her cried, the one with the mini dragon-like creature. "Don't be scared of us!"
The rest of the rosafelts nodded their heads, and some cheered.
"See?" I told her. "This isn't a scary crowd, these are our friends."

"Okay, my magic allows me to shrink objects at will," Nova explained. She went for her hair and pulled out one of her hair clips, a demonstration.
"For example, this hair clip."
"A hairclip? If you shrink that any more we won't be able to see it!" Someone called out.
"I think you've got the wrong idea," she continued, smiling. "This is already shrunk."
A second after, the hairclip grew into a sharp, thin katana with a sheath and all, just like it had done when she showed us.
"Woah...that's amazing!" The dragon girl cried.
"So you'll do that for all of us here?" Someone asked. Nova nodded in return.
"We have to stick together from now on," Lucy announced. "After all, we're all this country has against the council."
"I've already talked to most of the girls here," Aza replied to Lucy. "They owe their lives to you. Finally, they're free. And they're happy to follow you. As an army."

"It's crazy, isn't it?" Lucy told me, as Erza contacted Makarov. "What you can achieve in such a short time."
"Yeah...when I think about it, I'm kinda glad that the bomb was placed," I added.
"What? We could've all died!" Lucy cried.
"Y-Yeah, I know that!" I stutters back nervously. "It's just that...we didn't die, and now we've gained everyone's trust, you know? I'm just happy it all worked out."
"And you found your sister," Lucy added. "Wasn't that a surprise?"
"You can say that again," I replied, laughing. "She had the necklace, too."
"The necklace?" Lucy repeated, a puzzled look on her face.
"Do you remember when I first woke up, and I felt for something around my neck? Once you'd told me I'd been in an illusion?" I reminded her.
"Yeah, now that you mention it," Lucy muttered.
"For my eighteenth birthday, Nova brought these pair of necklaces, each with an engraved N on them," I explained.
"Natsu and Nova, huh...that's adorable," she said, smiling. "I'm happy I got to meet her."
"I'm happy she's real," I added, laughing. "Really happy."
I jumped up, unprepared, as Lucy threw her arms around me.
"Look at you, all soft," she teased. "I was so angry at myself after I saw what Akari's illusion had done to you. You were so depressed. And I knew that there was nothing I could deal to heal that hole in your heart. But now...now..."
"Lucy...are you crying?" I asked her, but instead of answering, she buried her face in my shoulder.
"We're so close to each other now, thanks to divinity. Your happiness is my happiness."
"I know, Lucy. I feel it too, don't forget."
She laughed, and I stroked her hair to try and calm her down.
"You're so dramatic, sometimes," I murmured to her.
"Hey, no need to be rude," she replied, giggling.
"Ahem."
We both glanced our heads towards Erza, who was eyeing us up with her hands on her hips. Lucy immediately let go of me, her face completely red.
"E-E-Erza, hey!" She stuttered, grinning nervously.
"Nova is ready to start the operation," Erza continued, acting like she hadn't seen anything.
"We're all ready for you to give the word."
"Right," I told her, brushing myself down. "Let's do this, then."