Chapter 11: The Familiar Illusion

-Natsu P.O.V-
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Natsu. My name is Akari."
"Akari? And you're another Rosafelt child?" I asked. She nodded proudly. "Then why are you out of the FRAS?" I added.
"They gave me permission when I told them what I was up to," she replied. Her expression darkened as her eyes flickered into a glare. "Let's have some fun."

-Erza P.O.V-
It had been a while, so I had decided to check back on Lucy and Natsu. However, my panic from earlier rose again when I realised they were both gone.
"Why do you two cause so much trouble?!" I said to myself, annoyed. Then I turned back the way I came and decided to wake everyone up.

-Lucy P.O.V-
I was close, I knew I was...
And then I spotted him. Or, more accurately, them.
I completely broke down in that single moment. Because through the glass doors of a grocery store that was just about close enough for me to see, was Natsu standing helpless before Akari.
So I ran.

-Natsu P.O.V-
"Fun?" I repeated. "What kind of fun?"
Akari smirked like the devil.
"You must have gathered a pretty good idea of what my magic is," she explained. "And it can do all sorts of amazing things."
She stepped closer and closer towards me, until we were inches apart.
"I've read a lot about you," she whispered. "You're sad. Because you don't have a family."
My eyes widened, and I attempted to back away. But Akari grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer.
"Do you miss your Dad?" She asked. I swallowed, as beads of sweat began to cover my forehead.
"Stop it," I muttered. "Stop talking."
"It's okay, Natsu," she said softly. "I'll give you a family."

-Lucy P.O.V-
"Akari!" I shouted, as I ran desperately towards the store. I overtook Aqaurius, ready to attack her with everything I had. I was close, yet I wasn't close enough. I needed to be there right now, so I could be by his side.
I always needed to be by his side.
Damnit, there goes those overprotective feelings again...
Just hang in there, Natsu.

-Natsu P.O.V-
"You'd like that, wouldn't you?" Akari continued. "A family of your own."
"G-Get away from me," I stuttered, afraid.
What has she done to me?
She reached out, and pulled me into a hug.
"Close your eyes, Natsu," she whispered into my ear. "Your dream is waiting for you."
It was getting darker. And colder. For some reason, I relaxed in her tiny arms and began sliding to the floor as my knees gave out. Just before my eyes finally fell shut, I heard a voice. Her voice.
"Natsu!"
She voice was so welcoming. I could listen to her voice all day. I wanted to.
"Lu...cy..." My dying voice managed to get out, before the world around me completely vanished.

-Lucy P.O.V-
Why is she holding him?
Get away from him!
I was only metres away now. Akari carefully laid Natsu's body down onto the floor, and just began walking away as I charged through the entrance. I skidded down to my knees right beside Natsu, my hands trembling.
I felt for a pulse, a heartbeat. A sign of life. When I felt his steady pulse against my fingertips, I relaxed a little. But not enough.
"What the hell have you done to him?!" I shouted at Akari. Her face lit up when she saw me.
"If it isn't Lucy Heartfilia! The best Rosafelt!" She cried, clapping her hands. "If only the world knew how easily I could kill you."
"I don't care about anything you have to say," I argued back. "Just tell me what you did!"
"I'm playing with him!" She shouted back.
Of course, Akari was occasionally childish like this. After all, she was only a child. "He won't wake up now unless I tell him to," she said. "Enjoy."
Then she fled into the shadows.
"Akari!" I screamed furiously, desperate to go after her. But I was too worried about Natsu's safety. Since Natsu was heavier than me, I overtook Taurus so that I could bare the weight. Then I carefully rested his body on my back, and stood up. All I needed to do now was get him back to the hotel safely. It would barely take any time.