Chapter 3: The Scarlet Rosafelt

-Natsu P.O.V-
I woke up with the morning sun shining into my eyes. I squinted as I adjusted to the light, and sat up. Lucy was standing in full black battle gear, as she fastened the straps on her wrists. Her brunette hair was pinned up in a bun which was hidden beneath a hood.
"Where the hell did you get that?!" I asked, hurriedly getting off of the floor.
"I took a trip early this morning," she replied. "Yours is over there." She pointed to a heap of metal armour and clothing next to her.
"You left me? Sleeping?! IN THE MIDDLE OF A GOD DAMN FOREST?!" I shouted, steam rising from my body with rage.
"Relax, I covered you in a water barrier before I left. I managed to withstand it while I shopped," she explained.
"You can use magic from that far away?" I replied, amazed.
"No-one can cast any magic from that far. But, I can maintain a spell that I casted when I was there, yes."
"Magic is freaking awesome..." I muttered. "It sucks that only girls can have it."
"Oh, stop complaining," Lucy replied. "Come on. We have people waiting for us."

-Lucy P.O.V-
"Did you get any weapons?" Natsu asked, slipping on his battle gear.
"DAMNIT! I knew I was forgetting something!" I shouted, hitting my forehead with frustration.
"You forgot weapons?!" He shouted back. "How the hell are we supposed to do this then?"
"I'll be alright. As for you..."
"Uh, for god's sake. You're lucky I grabbed this before I left the bakery." Natsu dug his hand into the backpack he'd been carrying, and pulled out a butcher's knife. I clapped my hands with joy.
"See? You can take care of yourself!" I said happily.
"More like I have to take care of myself," Natsu said under his breath. "This stuff is really tight..." He added, trying to loosen the fabric around his neck annoyingly.
"Right," I said, trying to lighten the mood. "Operation 'save the Rosafelts' is GO!"

"You seemed to be a lot more enthusiastic before we started walking," Natsu said, as we were twenty minutes into walking up an enormous hill.
"WHY IS IT SO STEEP?!" I shouted in the air, as my legs ached even further. "How are you not dying right now?"
"Because I wasn't waited on my whole life," Natsu replied, smirking.
"About that...won't your family realise your missing?" I asked. I felt guilty last night, after realising I might've dragged him away from his family.
"My family?" Natsu repeated. Then he simply shook his head with a sad smile. "My mother died when I was born, and my father raised me until I was seven. Then, he died."
"I'm sorry to hear that," I replied.
"Where's your mom and dad now?" He said.
"My father left my mother because she had produced a daughter instead of a son to take over the family name, which he hadn't wanted.  My mom raised me by herself in the FRAS, along with the protection of the council. She died when I was about seven as well. I had something wrong in my veins when I was little and my mom had taken the time to carefully inject it out of my system," I explained. Natsu's face tightened up.
"That's weird," he began. "So did I."
"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.
"Well, I had a disease that was incurable in Magnolia. So my dad was always going on long trips and bringing back medicine for me. He injected it into me until I was cured."
"Huh," I said to myself. Then I simply shrugged, laughing a little. "Our parents were pretty awesome, weren't they?" I said, thinking about all the memories I had treasured with my mom.
"Yeah," Natsu replied. "They were."

-Natsu P.O.V-
After a couple more hours of walking, we arrived at the edge of the hill we'd been climbing, and could see a huge building in the distance.
"That's the FRAS?" I said, bewildered at the size of it. "How many of you are in there?"
"About two hundred and fifty," Lucy replied. She breathed deeply, then held her arm out. The Sagittarius sign glowed brightly on her body as a giant bow fell into her hands.
"Are you ready?" She asked, staring directly ahead.
"Nope," I replied, getting out my measly knife. Then I smiled- because I was either nervous, or because I'd realised that this was the first time I was excited since my father's death. "Let's go," I added, taking her hand.
"N-Natsu..." She muttered, blushing. I looked at her over my shoulder, as we began to walk ahead.
"Don't you dare die on me," I said. She stared back at me in silence for a short moment. Then she gave me a cute smile and nodded.
"Same goes for you, too," she replied.