Chapter 23: Months Lost To Sleep

SIX MONTHS LATER
-Lucy P.O.V-
I threw myself forward, as soon as I woke up.
I had no idea where I was. My body ached all over.
There were two women dressed as nurses at the end of the bed, who had turned round at the sudden sound.
"Oh...my..." one of them said, immediately running over. The other ran towards another bed, that I hadn't even noticed was next to me. Natsu was on that bed, awake, with the exact same expression as me.
"W-What..." I muttered, so confused that I couldn't think straight.
"You need to lie down, okay? Please listen to me," the nurse instructed.
Divinity.
"W-Wait..."
Study.
"Hold on..."
Comatose.
I froze.

"Where the hell are we?!" I heard Natsu shout, but it was nothing but muffled noise in my ears. I stared ahead, unable to focus, the concept of me being asleep for that long...
"Lucy, can you hear me?" The nurses muttered, but I didn't respond. Tears began to fall down my face, like a waterfall.
"Six months..." I whispered. The nurse paused. "We've been asleep for six months, haven't we?"
The other nurse in the room, along with Natsu, stopped as well.
"L-Lucy..." Natsu muttered, also remembering. "Divinity...she..."
I nodded, the tears still flowing.
"I will go and retrieve the others." One of the nurse spoke. Then she simply bowed her head and left the room. After a few seconds, the other followed, leaving us both alone in this unknown room.

-Natsu P.O.V-
It was too ridiculous to even think of.
In the dire conditions we were all in, we'd been asleep for six months?
How did we escape?
Where are we now?
I glanced over to Lucy, to see that she was crying her eyes out. I wanted, immediately, to go over there and comfort her, but there were so many cords and wires attached to my body that I couldn't even move from my bed.
"Natsu..." she whispered. "What have we done?"

"We've created divinity, that's what," I replied, trying to make her feel better. "And it's in our control."
"So..." Lucy's words trailed off, as she held her hand out. I watched as a tiny flower, out of thin air, appeared just above her hand.
"I...did it!" Lucy whispered. However, after a few seconds, it wilted instantly and crumbled away.
"W-Woah..." I muttered, amazed. "That's...our power?"
"Yes," she began, laughing. "The power to make flowers grow, only to die straight after."
"But wait..." I added, holding my arm out. I wanted to see if I still had my ability to create fire, so tried lighting my fist. And it worked, just like it had during the battle in the FRAS.

"That was what you used to save me, wasn't it?" Lucy asked. I nodded, gazing at the flickering flames before shaking them away.
"I still don't know what it is. But Erza and the rest do, and they'll explain it to us."
"Erza..." she repeated. "I feel terrible, leaving her for six months."
"I bet she's had a great time. I mean, it's a break from watching our backs twenty four seven," Natsu replied.
"That's true," I said. "But Erza feels helpless if she's not right there in the front lines of battle."
"Man, that's a hard life to live," Natsu said.
We were about to continue the conversation, when the door burst open. Erza hurried through, a desperate look on her face. When her eyes fell upon us both, they widened and began to fill with tears.
"Erza," I said, smiling. "We've finally come home."

-Erza P.O.V-
They were awake. Something I'd almost given up on. I couldn't count how many times I'd walked into this infirmary and lost a little bit of hope.

They had to be moved from the bedroom so the nurses could feed them through tubes, monitor their heartbeats, and other medical nonsense.

I'd adjusted to life in the palace- we all had. The only ones who knew that we were here were the various maids that served us, and the guards that had witnessed us entering six months ago.
"L-Lucy..." I muttered, the tears streaming. A nurse, the one who had told me the news, suddenly came into the room after me.
"Lady Scarlet, they have both just woken up. Please give them time to settle," she instructed.
Wendy came in a few seconds after, and had the exact same reaction that I did.
"Lady Marvell," the same nurse greeted.
"I can't believe it..." Wendy whispered, with an innocent smile.
"Are you all okay?" Natsu asked, getting a good look at all of us.
"Yes, we're all fine," said Cana, who had just joined us. Following her came Juvia and Levy, meaning everyone was here.