Chapter 18: The Race For Lucy

OMG GUYS MY MUM GAVE BIRTH!! I don't know if you remembered but I mentioned a few times that my mum was pregnant. Her due date wasn't actually until the 30th of October, but the baby came early! She's a beautiful girl named Lily and I'm so happy to have a sister! There's a picture of her above!

Okay, let's get back to the story :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Lucy P.O.V-
It had been hours. No-one had came, or told me anything. The order the chairman previously asked had been bothering me.
"Tell me where your other half is."
My other half? What does he mean by that?
The only person that I would consider to be an 'other half' is...
"I'm back."
I glanced at where the sound had came from, to see Ekiro strolling towards my cell, a smile slapped onto his face.
"What do you want?" I snapped back, my chains rattling as I leaned my back against the wall.

"That girl, Niska Raven...she's being punished for an attempt of assisting a breakout."
"What? But she didn't even do anything!" I shouted angrily.
"She would've done something, if I hadn't had arrived in time," he replied.
"She was doing the right thing. I don't belong here!" I argued back.
"Of course you do! You disobeyed the council's orders and fled from the FRAS, putting thousands of citizens in danger!" He shouted.
"The council are the real danger, Ekiro! They're up to something terrible, I can feel it..." I trailed off, realising I had no real proof to back up my words.

It was the memories that had been engraved into our heads, all of our heads, that made us hate the council. They wear a mask that is so convincing it has the whole country fooled. But we, being forced to live beside them, have seen their true colours. The truth.
"Well you're stuck here now, princess. And the only things that are gonna listen to your complaints are the anti-magic cuffs on your wrists."
"Oh yeah? Well whose been listening to me for the last ten minutes?"
Ekiro's face went completely blank, then he scowled.
"I'll be back soon, you criminal," he finished, still glaring as he left down the hall.

-Ezra P.O.V-
He was running.
Burning everything in his path, Natsu charged through the forest like a flame thrower, leaving a scorched forest behind him. Juvia, with her rain magic, was able to minimise the flames to prevent catastrophic fires, however the fire in Natsu's heart couldn't possibly be drowned out.
"Natsu! You need to calm down!" Cana shouted, trying to keep up with him. We were all trying, at the speed he was running at.
Did dragon slaying magic improve his physical abilities as well?
My eyes widened as a memory came back to me. The time Natsu grabbed a hold of my neck, when he realised Lucy had got away.
His grip was immensely strong. So strong that my first thought was...inhuman.
Natsu ignored Cana's order, his eyes locked on in front of him.
Was he even aware that we were here?
"Natsu," I called out from behind him. "We're going to save her. Together."
He didn't reply to my comment, either. However, I saw his head nod slightly, and that's all it took to make me smile.

-Makarov P.O.V-
After watching the youngsters hurry away into the forest, I retreated back into my home to prepare.
I quickly grabbed a communication lacrima, and made a call. After a few seconds, I was connected.
"Gildarts," I said quickly. "It's begun."
Gildarts was not only a friend of mine, but a friend of Layla and Igneel. He promised both of them that he would protect and watch over Lucy and Natsu, only a week before their deaths.
Or, more accurately, their assassinations.

After the council finally found out what Igneel and Layla were up to, they tracked the location that they normally met at and killed them both.
However, the work was already complete. The council was outraged at the fact that their plans had been interrupted simply by two people, so they lied to Lucy to try and gain her trust. But Lucy, being the smart girl she is, quickly discovered that they were only playing nice because they wanted her for something.
Ever since, they've been constructing a machine. A machine that will force Lucy to create divinity. But, without Natsu there to provide the other half of her magic...the machine will kill her.