Chapter 16: Recieving The Truth

-Erza P.O.V-
"They've been out there for a while," Juvia said.
"Do you think they're okay?" Wendy added, her innocent voice rising with worry.
"Yeah, they're probably just chatting it up, if you know what I mean," Cana teased, raising her eyebrows at everyone.
"Oh please. Neither of them see each other like that," I told her, folding my arms.
"Do I sense some jealousy?" Levy broke in, giggling.
"What- why would I be jealous?" I argued back, my eyes wide. Everyone simply laughed in response. "Uh, fine. Be as childish as you wish," I finished, setting them straight. I faced the window, hoping that the train would start moving so I would have something to look at. However, even though the train was dead still, I still got a good view.
Lucy was running as fast as she could away from the train, with Natsu chasing her from behind. However, he seemed to be losing pace.
"What the hell have they done now?!" I shouted angrily, getting up and charging out of the carraige's exit.

-Natsu P.O.V-
"Niska! Stop!" I shouted. If I lost Niska, I'd lose Lucy.
Lose Lucy.
The longer I thought about it, the more panicked I became. Niska had thrown something at me, maybe a stone or a branch. Whatever it was, it had made me dizzy and I struggled to keep up. Lucy's body was fast, that was obvious.
At this rate, she'll get away.
And then the council will have her.
"Niska!" I screamed desperately. We were getting further and further away from the train.
"Get away from me!" She yelled from ahead.
"No!" I argued back, trying to boost myself to get a little more speed.
"I'm sorry..." I heard her mutter. Then, I saw the glow. The glow of an overtake.
"Sagittarius!" She cried, as a huge bow formed in her hand.
She can use Lucy's abilities too?
She skidded to a halt, and aimed the bow at me. I also stopped in my tracks, staring at her with concern. I didn't care about my safety. I had a chance to secure Lucy, and that was all that mattered.
"I'm sorry," she repeated, as she raised the bow to face my heart.
"Idiot," I told her, while I began to slowly make my way towards her.
"Stop!" She ordered, pulling back an arrow to fire.
"Intimidate me all you want," I told her. "You won't fire. I already explained to you- you're in Lucy's body. You can't hurt me."
She gasped with the realisation, and it made me laugh.
"Now give me that body," I demanded, finally reaching her. I grabbed her arm, making her unable to run away.
"I have to follow orders," she begged, trying to scramble away from my grasp. "Please."
"That body doesn't belong to you, Niska," I persisted. "Give it back to Lucy."
She shook her head in denial. I sighed, realising that we would get nowhere at this rate. But I also knew that neither of us could hurt each other. We couldn't fight- our only options were to run.
But I'm never going to do that, am I?
"Listen, Niska. If you don't do what I say-"
"Natsu!"
I glanced over my shoulder, and unfortunately loosened my grip out of impulse. Niska took the chance and slid her arm out of my hand, then began to run away.

-Erza P.O.V-
"Stop! Please!" Natsu shouted, preparing to run again. However, I stopped him.
"Natsu, what the hell is going on?" I asked. "Why is Lucy running away from you?"
"That's not Lucy!" He tried to quickly explain. "Well, it is...but a woman's controlling her body! She's trying to take her to the council!"
"She's...wait, what?" I said, confused. He sighed with frustration.
"Listen, all that matters is we need to get to Lu-"
He turned back round, but the view caused him to stop mid-sentence.
Lucy was gone.
"Erza!" He said angrily. "Look what you've done! We've lost her now!"
He gasped suddenly, the full realisation stabbing him through the heart like a blade.
"We've...I've...lost her..." He muttered quietly.
"Natsu, we'll get her back," I told him from begin. He glanced round, his expression a cold glare.
"It was your fault!" He cried, tears forming in the corners of his eyes. "I could've ran after her, if you weren't talking for so long!"
"Natsu, you're getting worked up. Calm down," I said.
"You're not even upset, are you?" He kept on going, staring at me with disbelief. "Do you not care that she's being taken? Have you not considered what they're going to do to her?" I told her. My eyes widened, his harsh words getting through to me. However, I breathed deeply, and shook my head.
"Getting angry and running around blind isn't going to save her. Right now we need to head back to the train and go and see Makarov. He'll tell us what to do."
"Erza! Open your eyes!" He shouted. "We have to save her!"
"How?! Tell me how, Natsu!" I cried back.
"For god's sake!" He yelled, suddenly grabbing me by the throat.
"N-Natsu..." I trembled, scratching at his arm. His grip was strong. Immensely strong.
It's just like...back then...
I pictured Lucy, her eyes as she was about to strike me down.
They will both do anything.
Their thinking is muddled up. They don't care what they have to do.
All they want is to save each other.
"Re-equip..." I muttered, just as the breath was knocked out of me. I summoned whatever sword I could, and used the blunt end, so I could hit him round the head. He winced with the pain, and let go. I quickly got my breath back, and held the sword close to me for defence.
"Natsu," I began. "I don't want to do this."
"Lucy..." he muttered, tears running down his face. Then he charged at me again.
Natsu...I'm sorry.
"Holy hammer!" I shouted, as my sword vanished and my hammer fell into my grasp. I struck the hammer directly into his stomach, causing him to spit out blood and collapse to the floor. I dropped my weapon immediately after, ashamed of my work. However, it disappeared shortly after.
"Erza! What's going on?!"
I spun round, to see Wendy and Levy running towards me.
"I'm sorry, guys," I told them, once they'd finally caught up. I stared ahead, at the empty fields. "We've lost Lucy."