Chapter 27: New Comrades

Nova: Fuji games character (I found this image on Pinterest, please inform me if you have more info)

A/N This is when they meet many new rosafelt children, so there's gonna be a lot of these pictures in the next chapter! I might just post a chapter before that with the character photos

A/N This is when they meet many new rosafelt children, so there's gonna be a lot of these pictures in the next chapter! I might just post a chapter before that with the character photos...would you prefer that? (You would get the next chapter at the same time, of course) tell me what you think, please!
Okay, back to the story!

-Lucy P.O.V-
While everyone headed to different doors to find the rosafelt children, I made my way down to the prison below.
I have to find Niska.
The corridors only grew darker as I descended further, and not a single guard was around.
Where is everyone? Why is it so deserted? I feel like this is too easy...
I suddenly felt a sensation inside of me. I recognised it immediately- they were Natsu's emotions. A flash of panic travelled through me, however I quickly identified the feeling.
Joy...overwhelming happiness...What could he be this happy about?
"Lucy?"
I glanced over my shoulder to see Ekiro, with an innocent look to him. He was confused. Afraid.
Afraid of the things he had done, thinking it was justice. Natsu's emotions buried them self inside my mind, so they were no longer bothering me. But they were lingering, deep down, so that I wouldn't forget them.
"Ekiro..." I muttered, genuinely shocked to see him. Apart from the entrance, I had not come across a single enemy till now.
"I'm sorry, I didn't want to fight you. But I'm in a hurry," I told him, already preparing to do an overtake.
"W-Wait," he interrupted, taking a step closer. "I don't mean to stop you."
"You don't?" I asked, lowering my guard. "Then why are you here?"
"They evacuated everyone. The council guards, I mean. They just abandoned the rosafelt children, and ordered us strictly not to fight you."
"The chairman ordered that?" I answered, unable to imagine him giving such a demand.
"But that doesn't make sense! Why would he..."
"That's what I'm here for," he finished. "I'm as curious as you are. Anyway, my eyes are opened. The chairman's a bastard."
He walked up to me, far more confident in his behaviour. As soon as he reached me, he held out his hand.
"I apologise for how I treated you. The council...the council aren't the good guys here. I can see that now."
I smiled, then took hold of his hand.
"Took you long enough," I answered, laughing.
"Now, do you still want to join us?"
His eyes widened at my proposal.
"You...you still want me to fight with you?" He asked. "But I treated you so badly..."
"Oh, forget it! You said sorry, didn't you?" I replied.
"Well...I've got nothing better to do...fine," he answered, nodding his head. "I'll join you, Lucy Heartfilia."
"Welcome to the team, Ekiro," I greeted. "Now, I have to ask you something." My tone dropped to a serious level, and I breathed deeply before continuing. "Six months ago...what did you do to Niska Raven?"

-Erza P.O.V-
I barged through a random door, to find a room that looked exactly like mine had.
So they were all just fancy prisons, huh...
A small girl was sat at the dressing table, kicking her legs back and forth. She glanced in my direction at the sound of the door opening. By her looks, I guessed she was about ten or eleven.
"Wow!" She cried, hopping off of the chair. "You're really pretty!"
I smiled, as I walked over to her.
"Thank you, although I can't possibly be prettier than you," I replied. The girl giggled, her cheeks blushing a cherry red.
"What's your name, princess?" I asked kindly.
"Amira," she answered. "Amira Gold."
"My name's Erza Scarlet. Look at that, we both have colours in our name!" I said, laughing. She laughed along with me, completely oblivious to why I was here or if she should be guarding herself.
"Amira, do you know if any scary looking men have annoyed you recently?" I asked. "You see, I'm a magical protector who came here to take them away."
"The scary men...do you mean the ones that all have the same clothes on?" She replied.
"Yes," I answered. "Do you know them?"
She nodded her head, but it came with a sigh. "They used to come, a few years ago. But now they don't."
"And why's that?" I questioned.
"Because of Knox."
"Knox?" I repeated. "Who's Knox?"
"He looks after me, but he gets very angry when people are rude to me or bother me all the time. That's why they never come in here," she explained.
"So, where is Knox right now?" I asked her. She tilted her head to the side, then smiled.
"He's behind you."