Chapter 4: A Desperate Escape

-Erza P.O.V-
Lucy wouldn't just let someone tag along like that... I thought to myself. We began making our way to Wendy's room, however we were stopped by numerous guards.
"M'lady, what are you doing out of your room?" One of them asked. They were more powerful than the guards that were stationed at the entrance. Even with magic, it would be pretty hard to take them down. For guards with more important jobs like these, they develop shields to deflect magic, and weapons strong enough to challenge even mine.
"We're going to meet the chairman," Natsu said confidently.
That man that Lucy brought...he's standing up to the guards?

-Natsu P.O.V-
I stood in front of both girls, as I lied to the suspecting guards.
I have to prove myself to Erza. I thought. Prove that I can protect Lucy...
"W-What is someone like you doing here?!" The guard shouted. "The public are strictly forbidden on these premises!"
"Shut it! I don't care if I'm allowed or not. I'm here for Lucy!" I shouted back. The guard who had spoken grew angry, and he raised his weapon in my direction.
"How dare you speak to me like that!" He cried, charging towards me.
Oh crap...
I held my hands out for protection, but the clash of metal caused me to lower them again.
Erza stood in front of me, a sword in hand which had clashed with the guard's axe.
Where did she?...
Was that her magic?
With the flick of her wrist, she deflected the axe out of his hand and sent it plummeting into the floorboards.
"L-Lady Erza!" He stuttered, backing away. "I did not mean to-"
"Know your place!" She shouted angrily. "You heard him! He is an accomplice of Lucy Heartfilia, the most powerful Rosafelt known to man! Do you really want to challenge him?!"
"I-It's our job, m'lady! You know that the public are strictly-"
"Gravity change."
All men suddenly collapsed onto the floor, like an unknown force had pushed them downwards. I looked behind me, to see that Lucy had overtaken libra. Her hand was outstretched before the soldiers, and her eyes were shadowed by her hair. She was angry.
"You heard what she said," Lucy muttered. "You will let us pass."
"B-But, m'lady-"
"YOU WILL LET US-"
I placed my hand on Lucy's shoulder. She flinched, and stopped mid sentence. I looked her in the eyes, and shook my head.
"Stop," I said calmly. "This is hurting you."
Tears appeared in the corners of her eyes.
"How do you..." She whispered. I smiled sweetly at her.
"I just do," I replied. "Something is telling me. You don't want to be cruel, but they're forcing you to put on this touch act," I said. Then I stared directly at her, to make sure she would understand me. "Lucy," I began. "They do not control you."
She was silent for a moment, then she flashed a sad smile. "That's the thing," she muttered. "They always have."

-Erza P.O.V-
Seeing Lucy use gravity change on those guards caused a memory to float into my head.
The day I met Lucy.

I was seven years old. Standing on the other side of two giant doors was myself, accompanied by two guards. "Lady Lucy?" One of them spoke.
"Come in!" A girl's voice called out. They swung the double doors open, to reveal a huge majestically decorated bedroom. Sitting on the bed with a book in her hand was a small girl with blonde hair and brown eyes.
"Sir Hyberion has requested your aid in teaching this girl how to behave. She has constantly gone against continuous orders and cannot be persuaded to do otherwise." The guard informed her.
"I will never listen to people like you," I argued. Lucy hopped off of her bed and walked over to me.
"Don't be like that," she said happily. "Come on."
Lucy held out her hand.
"Do as she says, girl," one of the guards ordered. I refused to move. This agitated the guard further "Hey! Do as she says!" He raised his arm, preparing to hit me. Eyes wide, I held my arms up in hope to protect myself. However, the man's arm was instantly clasped by his side.
"Gravity change."
I switched my gaze to Lucy, who had her hand pointing to the guard. She also had the libra sign glowing on her chest and hands.
"What are you doing? She is a Rosafelt child and therefore has twice the authority of someone like you," Lucy said angrily. She lowered her hand, and the man seemed to gain control over his arm again.
"Y-Yes Lady Lucy. We are very sorry," one of them muttered, before they both scurried out of the room.