Chapter 2: The Rescue Plan

-Natsu P.O.V-
It had been an hour since we'd fled from the bakery, and we seem to have lost the few guards that survived Lucy's attack.
"L-Listen...Lucy..." I said between heavy breaths. "Are...you able...to disguise yourself...a bit more? Maybe some glasses, or something?" I asked. She quickly nodded, and closed her eyes for concentration. I watched as light shone under her, and her dress slowly turned red. The symbol for cancer appeared in the usual places, and two long scissors materialised in her hands. Seconds later, with slashes from her scissors, her hair turned a dark brunette.
"How's that?" She asked. I stared at her, blinking in amazement.
"I didn't expect something that...advanced..." I muttered. She laughed, as the symbols vanished from her body. "So, do I deserve an explanation now? Why did you run away? Don't Rosafelts pretty much have a dream life?" I questioned. She sighed, as her head sunk low.
"The FRAS...it's not what you think," she muttered. "We're trained to use our magic...but we're trained to fight with it. Many of the Rosafelts have magic that can be used for healing, and protecting others...but they're forced to battle! It's horrible..." She explained.
"So...they're using you? But the army doesn't have any Rosafelts, otherwise people would've noticed..." I replied.
"Me running away Natsu...it's a statement. A sign. Me running away...is the start of a revolution."
My eyes widened. "W-Wait, I didn't sign up for any revolution..."
"Please, Natsu!" Lucy suddenly grabbed onto my shirt, causing me to flinch away. "Please don't leave me." Her face was desperate.
I didn't understand, I've been no help so far...
Why...would she need me?
"If you leave, I'll be lonely," she whispered. I stared into her glistening eyes, her soft brown pupils...
"You're acting like such a baby," I said, looking away awkwardly. She frowned at me, annoyed.
"Don't call me a baby! I can look after myself!" She yelled.
"Then why do you need me?!" I shouted back.
"Because you're my friend! Don't you know what friends are?" She said back.
"I don't have any friends!" I shouted back. Then I realised what I'd just said. She looked at me with pity. "N-No, it's not like that..." I added, waving my hands in front of me. But her gaze didn't falter.
"Well...now you have me, right? When I was in the FRAS, I was always cut off from everyone because of my magic and how quick it was developing. When people the same age as me where learning new ways to use their magic, I had already mastered most of it..." She said.
"What are you saying? That it sucks to be powerful?" I asked. She shook her head.
"Of course not! I want to use this power to protect my friends, and everyone good in this world..." She muttered, staring at her palm. "That's why we need to break into the FRAS."
"B-Break into the FRAS?!" I said, shocked. "That's ridiculous! Why would you want to-"
"Because there's people in there that I promised I'd recuse once I got out. And now I've escaped, I have to get them." Lucy's face was completely serious. I was just a normal kid, I could never even think to do something like this...
Is this the kind of life Rosafelts live?...Is this the kind of life I've been missing?
"Dragneel..." I heard Lucy mutter.
"Huh?" I asked, confused.
"I was just thinking...your surname sounds a bit like a dragon!" She said, giggling. "Maybe if you ever had magic, it would be dragon magic."
Me, have magic?!
"How the hell would I get magic? I'm nineteen and still haven't seen any magic in me, and don't forget I'm male!" I shouted back. This only made her laugh more.
"My mother once told me that If I was ever in trouble, I would be saved by a dragon slayer," she continued. Then she placed her finger against her cheek. "Natsu the dragon slayer," she added, in a dramatic voice. "It has a nice ring to it."
Dragon slayer...
I stared at Lucy's hopeful face. Something inside me clicked, and I was suddenly extremely happy.
"So, are we getting your friend or what?" I asked, grinning.
"Y-You mean it?" She muttered, her eyes wide with joy. I nodded, then took her hand. She blushed at the sudden contact. "W-What's with you all of sudden, Natsu?" She added, confused.
"I don't know. But something tells me this is going to be one hell of an adventure," I said, beaming at her.