Chapter 31: The Rosafelt Army

-Natsu P.O.V-
I made my way over to Nova and Erza, with Lucy by my side. The other rosafelt children were awkwardly glancing at us both, wondering what we were gonna do next.
"N-Natsu!" Nova cried, throwing her arms around me. She was in tears, which made me smile to see her so concerned about me.
"What the hell were you thinking?" She asked. "I was thinking that I had to get you all to safety," I replied. "That's all."
"Your life isn't a shield for us, okay?" She said sternly. "Never do that again."
"She's right, Natsu," Lucy added. "Now what I'm wondering is who the hell she is."

"Oh, right..." I muttered awkwardly. "Everyone, this is Nova. She's my sister from Akari's illusion."
"Sister? From the illusion? But that's impossible!" Wendy replied, shocked. "There's no way she can be real..."
"She was never an illusion in the first place," I explained. Nova stepped forward, ready to inform everyone of the situation.
"We were both placed in the same illusion, which led us to believe that each other was part of the illusion. When Natsu woke up and realised I was never real, I woke up and arrived at the same conclusion as well."
"Wow...that's kinda amazing when you think about it!" Cana broke in.
"Speaking of Akari, is she here?" Lucy asked, looking around. "I have some unfinished business with her."
"I'm praying that Akari's not here, for her sake..." I heard Levy whisper to Juvia.
"But where else wound she be?" Wendy asked. "If she didn't come out here, then the only other place she could be is..."
Out of impulse, all of our heads drifted towards the destroyed FRAS.
"N-No way, right? She would've got out safely, I'm sure of it..." Cana stuttered.
"She'll turn up," I said.
"She is very good at running away, after all," Erza added.

"Um, excuse me..." one of the rosafelt children muttered, tapping my shoulder. "Do you know what to do now? You are the leader, right?"
"Right..." I muttered, rubbing the back of my neck. "Okay, I can do this. Lucy, back me up here."
"I'm right by your side Natsu," she replied, smiling. "We've got this."
She placed her hands down on the ground, and I noticed white particles begin to glow in the grass. Suddenly, a solid podium rose up, placing Lucy a few feet higher than me.
"What the hell?" I asked, confused and and slightly amazed.
"So they can see us better," she explained. I noticed that her sudden height gain had already got a few people's attention.
"Come on, it's only concrete. I know that this I new to us and we shouldn't really be using it, but it's just a basic material."
"Alright, no need to lecture me," I replied, placing my hands on the floor. I quickly made a concrete podium, with a height that matched Lucy's.
Okay...now it's show time.
"Everyone, listen up!" I yelled.
"Please listen to us!" Lucy added, a polite translation of my shouting.
"We're extremely sorry for the bomb. We had no idea that it was there, and acted as quickly as we could in the time we had," I continued.
"But the bomb...it didn't go off until we were all out of the building. How did you do that?" One of them questioned.
"I've been wondering that myself, actually," Lucy muttered, smirking.
"I...I used a magic called divinity!" I called out. Lucy eyes widened, as did Erza's and the others who were standing by our side.
"You used divinity?" Lucy muttered, shock smothered all over her face. "Well, I guess it would make the best sense..."
"What's divinity?" Someone else asked.
"Right, how do I answer this..." I said to myself.
"Do any of you remember a strange feeling that occurred about six months ago?" Lucy answered for me. "A feeling that felt like your heart was being ripped away from you?"
Many people in the crowd nodded, while glancing at each other.
"Well, at that time was the creation of divinity. Divinity is a type of magic particle that can manifest itself into any substance on earth. It is what's known as god's power."
Gasps were sounded throughout the large group of rosafelt children.
"Lucy and I possess this ability," I took over. "And we plan to use it to take down the council for good."
"So...you used this power to save us from the bomb?" A girl at the front asked. She had short brown hair and a gold outfit on, with a small dragon that was draped around her neck.
"Yes, I did," I answered, smiling at her.
"Why?" Someone else called out.
I had to think carefully about this. My answer could be what decides if they're on our side or not. I breathed in, and gave it my best shot.
"Because I care about you," I said, with an honest voice. "I care about every single one of you. Lucy has told me what you've been through. The misuse of your magic, the feeling of abandonment, the desperation to go outside and see the world...I don't want you to feel that pain anymore! I don't want any of you to spend another second being a slave for the council!Because...because I'm one of you now." I held up my hand and created a small ball of flames.
"Is that magic? Normal magic?" A rosafelt child muttered. "But you're a man!"
"I know," I replied. "This is what makes me special- my father gave me an ancient magic called dragon slaying. I have made it my sole purpose to protect you all. I will use this gift I have been given, the gift of magic and divinity, to keep you safe from the council." I clenched my gift and threw it towards my beating heart. "I promise with everything I have that you will never feel pain from the council again."