Chapter 32: The Diary's Truth

-Lucy P.O.V-
"I'm gonna go see Natsu. We need to get moving soon, and I have to make sure we have a safe plan," I told Niska and Ekiro. They both smiled at me, and nodded.
"Thank you Lucy, really," Niska noted quickly. "You've saved all of us."

I made my way over to the others, however they were all gathered around something. I felt a hint of panic from Natsu, which caused my pace to quicken.
"Guys? What's wrong?" I asked. Natsu turned to face me, and panic only rose inside of me at his face. Whatever they were gazing at, it was clearly important.
"What is it?" I said, louder this time. When I glanced over Natsu's shoulder, I saw that Levy was holding a small book. In fact, it was the book she'd been holding since we escaped the FRAS.
"Is it something in the book?" I questioned further. "Let me see."
I held out my hand, and Levy gingerly placed the book in my palm. I opened it on the first page, and read it slowly.

DIARY ENTRY ONE 22/6/X338
The council have finally decided. They are going to take magic away from the country. They've set all the top scientists, including me, to work on a drug that they will release into the country via a gas. It will act on every single human and will close up the pores that allow them to absorb magic into their body. Then all the magic in the air will belong to the council.

DIARY ENTRY TWO 12/7/X339
We're almost finished. The drug that will change the country forever. All we need now is to test it. The council have brung in ten wizards in for us to try it on. Five male, five female. During tests, we also discovered that women have a different kind of pores than men. Stronger ones, funnily enough. Will it change the effects? We're all hoping not- otherwise the council will be furious. The drug we've developed is the best possible. If this doesn't work, nothing will.

DIARY ENTRY THREE 4/9/X339
All ten test subjects worked. That means it's finally time. They even set a date. In one month, mages will cease to exist. The council have also gotten their hands on a memory magic user. The plan is all set up.

DIARY ENTRY FOUR 4/10/X339
The drug is in motion. The whole country is in a panic- magic isn't working for anyone. The council are proceeding with their plan, stating that they have discovered a virus and that magic will be no more. Then they will erase every single piece of information holding this event in history. Finally, the memory magic user will be pumped full of magic power, giving them the ability to erase the memory of every single wizard in Fiore. It will take about a month to complete, but soon enough the country will have no memory of magic at all.

DIARY ENTRY FIVE 14/5/X341
It's been over two years since we set off the drug, and the unexplainable has occurred. Eight women have managed to use magic again. The council instantly tracked them down and brought them to the lab facilities where we could discover what had happened. And, as I guessed, it was because of the different type of pores women possessed. They fought through the disease and were still taking in magic. The reason they could only use it after two years however, was because it took two years to fight the disease off. But only eight women in the whole country managed to fight it off, which was okay enough for the council.

DIARY ENTRY SIX 15/5/X341
They've kept the eight women. We have a hypothesis that only special women have the ability to fight off the disease, and by taking numerous tests we came to the conclusion that one in every five thousand women will have the ability to fight it off. And the council will take in every single one. They even started preparing blueprints for a place to keep them in.

DIARY ENTRY SEVEN 25/5/X341
They have decided to call them Rosafelts. 'Sacred beings gifted with the power of magic'. It's almost become a tourist attraction. Plans for a 'school' are also in place. 'A facility where the Rosafelts will learn to use their magic to the best potential' they announced to the public. But it's really a prison. They want the magic to themselves, but there is no way to do that while the Rosafelts are absorbing it all in. They have began search for possible ways to get the magic back.