TWENTY FOUR

Bastienne and Lexi were driving around downtown but later decided to stay in Lexi's house for some R&R. Lexi didn't like the idea of drinking and then driving after wards. Besides, she knew her brother might drown himself in alcohol tonight and there was no way he can carry himself up, let alone drive a car. They were seated side by side on the floor of Lexi's cozy living room with their legs sprawled on the marbled tile. The television was on but they aren't really paying attention with what's playing.

"I think we should do this more often sis"

Lexi eyed Bastienne from over her shoulder as she swirled her glass on her hand. She only agreed to drink with Bastienne tonight because she knew her brother needed something to calm his nerves and somehow make up for her harsh words.

"I don't think so Bastienne"

Bastienne averted his gaze to Lexi with his furrowed brows.

"Why not?"

"Well.."

Lexi took a deep breath and shrugged before placing the glass behind her as she stared blankly at the television. Bastienne's favorite reality show was playing on the TV but he doesn't seem to care at all.

"...I'll answer that after you answer my question"

Bastienne's eyes remained fixed on his sister and he idly wondered what is going inside her mind.

"Sure, okay"

"Good. I want to ask you the reason why we're drinking"

"You're asking me that?"

Lexi gave him a light nod and Bastienne thought of it as strange because she was the one who invited him for a drink in the first place.

"Well you asked me if I wanted to drink so.."

Lexi tilted her head sideways before answering.

"Of course I did, yes. But do you know why I asked you that in the first place?"

Bastienne looked away gently placing his glass on his side. He folded his arms over his chest and thought about what Lexi had told him. He tilted his head sideways as if mulling over the question and after a moment he ran his hands through his hair and let out a sigh.

"Well. Honestly I feel shitty about myself, about everything that's going on between me and Ava. I've never felt anything like this before and I feel so out of control. There's this very strong kind of force that draws me to her but I don't know I guess she doesn't even care about me. I usually don't work this hard to get a girl but with her..I....I-I don't know what to do honestly..."

He took a deep breath before looking at his sister and continued.

"...And you, you possessed super human powers that even though how hard I tried to conceal it, it's reeking all over me, right? Haha.."

Bastienne let out a laugh void of humor as he averted his gaze back on the television.

"..And being the best sister in the face of planet earth, you've offered me something that will temporarily shut this shitty feeling off and make me feel good"

Bastienne ended his speech with a smile on his lips as he turned to face Lexi.

"How's that?"

Lexi looked at her brother, looking satisfied.

"That's the exact answer I was looking for"

Bastienne smiled at her before taking a drag from his glass. Then he turned to Lexi with furrowed brows.