TWENTY

It's Wednesday, middle of work week and nothing significant has ever happened to me in the past days. By significant, I am talking about any chance of talking to her or at least having an encounter with her. Gab has been very busy the past days and we barely see each other. If I had not known about the incident at the site, I would have thought that she was avoiding me again. If she's not in a meeting with the investigators, she's on her phone talking with I don't know who. I hate to call this as desperation but there are times when I'd thought about grabbing her and locking her inside my office just so I can talk to her. Certainly there were a lot of things I want to ask her and I was thinking about talking to her about what happened between us four years ago. We've never really talked about and it's like we've been acting like none of it happened but as long forgotten feelings resurface, it is inevitable to think about such incident.

After the kissing happened Gab and I never had the chance to sit in one place and talk. For days all we did was stare at each other along the hall ways and it sucked big time. Have you ever felt like you wanted someone so bad but you have no choice to restrain yourself and wait until the impossible encounter happens? I want to talk to her. I want to see those mesmerizing green eyes that managed to make my heart beat irregularly every time we're close. I want her to look at me and see through my eyes how badly I wanted her. But yeah, this whole construction incident is taking too much of her time and attention and I don't wanna come up to her and bug her about the kiss knowing that she's too pre occupied with work. I'd be too insensitive if that's the case.

I turned to move my chair to face my window as I rested my head against the cushioned leather. I closed my eyes and let the scenes at the rooftop replay in my head. Gab had kissed me and it felt surreal. It's like I was freed from the misery I was struggling to get out all these years, the moment her lips met mine. I can see the burning desire in her eyes as her hands trailed up my sides and how I wished she never have to let me go. I can feel the longing and hunger in the way she held me in her arms. Her touch was needy and consuming and it was all I ever wanted. I want her to need me same way I desperately need her. I want her to crave for me the same way I hungrily crave for her.

What Gab and I shared was a sweet and passionate kiss and it was too powerful that it managed to soothe this burning hole deep in my heart. The moment she stopped kissing me, I felt a strong urge of claiming her mouth once more. I've hungered for her and I know that only her kisses would satiate this emptiness inside my heart.

I savored every second of being with her in that moment and when I was about to open my eyes, I felt her head resting against mine and her grip on me went tighter. A lot of things swarmed inside my head at that moment but I was quite sure of one thing. I know that Gab is struggling. Her heart is battling with her mind. She's holding back for some reasons and I couldn't blame her. She's dealt with so much pain that it made her difficult to trust someone again, let alone trust the person who broke her heart four years ago. Pain made it difficult for her to let someone inside her heart again, but I know she's trying and it breaks my heart seeing her that way, knowing that I was responsible for it.

I would have wanted to stay that way for long. I would have wished to soothe every aching wound deep inside her heart, but then a woman's voice pulled us out from our intimate moment. The second I opened my eyes, it's as if everything happened too fast. I didn't exactly know how to react because I was too lost with the kiss that it made me light headed and intoxicated. Then the next thing I know, the said woman was pulling her away. She was taking her away from me and I stood there stunned, too stunned to move or say anything. There was a sudden shift of strong emotions surging inside me that it left me immobile. The blissful moment that I let myself drown into a while ago, felt like a deep well of reality that's pulling me down, drowning me and I find myself struggling to get out, gasping for air. There was something in the way the woman touched her that implied only one thing. They shared a bond. Gab and this woman have a relationship and maybe she was only taking what's hers and I am in no position to take what is not mine. It caused a cut deep in my heart that I felt the blood oozing its way out when Bastienne confirmed that the girl was indeed Gab's girlfriend.