TWELVE

Monday morning came fast with Gab and Lexi coming in late. Lexi stayed up till wee hours of Sunday night watching her favorite chick flick movie for the 6725th times and yet she still feels like it's the first time. She's a sucker for romcom since it was a very effective distraction from thinking about her ex. Gab on the other hand stayed at Liv's apartment after taking Reneé to the Airport early Monday morning. Gab has to go back to her pent house to change and clean herself up. She did not have enough sleep the other night because something or someone was nesting inside her poor mind.

Gab rushed through the building throwing her keys to the valet guy, to Gab's valet guy.

"Thanks Sean"

"You're welcome Ms. Ervy"

"I told you to call me Gab"

Gab yells at Sean as she zoomed inside the building.

"Sorry Gab"

"No problemo. Take care of my baby"

"I will"

Sean is Jenkins' nephew that works at the tower as Gab's valet guy, messenger, errand boy and everything in between. They are good friends and Sean is someone Gab can rely on, just like Jenkins' to Sullivan.

The elevator door was about to close when Gab thrust her hand inside, preventing it from further closing. She stepped inside and met a pair of azure ocean blue eyes.

Oh!

"Lexi"

"G-Gab"

They held each other's gaze for a second, studying each other like it was the first time. Then Gab blinked. She was the one to break the eye contact as she moved beside Lexi, allowing a good space between them. Lexi was the last person she was expecting to see inside the elevator and Gab became uneasy as images of them kissing inside an elevator in New York flooded her mind. It was a steamy and passionate kiss and they were madly in love with each other then. Or at least for Gab. She shook her head dismissing the thought almost immediately.

Nothing was real. Everything was a lie.

Gab tried so hard not to look at the blonde beauty just within her reach, her fists started balling up because she was trying so hard fighting the urge. And when she couldn't restrain herself anymore, she gave in and turned her gaze. She looked at her and marveled at her guilty pleasure. She felt something inside upon seeing Lexi return her intense stare.

Both of them gazed at each other, taking each other in. Gab took time marveling at the beautiful woman in front of her. She remembered her face too well and she knew she was utterly attracted to this woman, but sadly, she could no longer remember the way she felt for her. Or maybe, she was in denial.

Gab's gaze fell upon Lexi's full red lips and as her jaw tightened, feeling the sexual tension arising between them. It was so strong. Damn it was consuming both of them.

When Gab's lips parted, something sparked inside Lexi and soon she felt her feet moving, closing the gap between them. Gab's gaze never left Lexi's as she lifted her hand to caress her face, but not when the elevator halted to a stop and PING!

Both women stepped back, not looking at each other. No words were uttered. Gab shook her head in an attempt to rid her mind of the thing she was about to do to her. What the hell?- she thought. When the door finally opened, Gab looked at Lexi and gestured for her to go first. It was one of those very awkward moments. Lexi forced a smile and at last she could breathe again. She was unconsciously holding her breath the entire time she was inside the elevator with Gab.