THREE

Gab arrived early at the mansion, in time for breakfast at the garden. She kept her promise to her father, which was to spend more time together and Sullivan was beyond delighted seeing his child. Sullivan still couldn't believe that his daughter has returned home. Over the years he had lost hope in believing that Gab might come back. He's done everything he could think of but to no avail. Until one day, he heard of Gab's company soaring high in the Philippine market. Sullivan took this as an opportunity to mend the relationship that was once destroyed four years ago.

He flew across the country along with his business advisers to provide expert findings and to check if The Zen was taking the right path. Gab was overwhelmed by this but she did not deny his father's chance to help. Sullivan spent huge amount of time in the Philippines trying to win his daughter back, trying any possible way to gain her trust again. He stayed at Gab's house and every day he'd always make an effort to show how much he loves his daughter. But it wasn't that easy, Gab somehow distanced herself from his father. Time never really erased the pain, you just get used to it and somehow, it gets bearable.

One time, Sullivan tried to tell Gab about Lexi's real identity hoping it will mend something inside his daughter's wounded heart. But even before he could mention her name, Gab stopped him. Gab was firm, she was imperative. She didn't want to hear anything about the woman who was once her world, her life. From that day on, Sullivan never mentioned anything about Lexi to her daughter. He thought of fixing their strained relationship first and hopelessly prayed that Gab might change her mind about Lexi.

Sullivan was a very busy and important man. He was still the CEO of Ervy Realtors and even though the company was doing well under Lexi's dominion, he was still needed. So after few months of absence from work, he finally decided to go back and run his empire. Before he left, his relationship with his daughter was almost back to normal. He'd seen Gab smile at him; he'd hear Gab's contagious laughter which made his heart melt, and lastly for the first time since the secret was revealed, Gab called him "Dad".

He went home with a huge smile on his face and overflowing joy in his heart. He couldn't be happier.

+++++

"Gab, is that you?"

Jenkins' gaze trailed up and down, eyeing the young woman in wonder. His jaw almost fell open, in disbelief of what his eyes were seeing. He moved closer and when he was standing too close, his hands automatically wrapped the young woman in a tight embrace.

"Jenkins"

Jenkins was still holding Gab in his arms and she was overwhelmed of his favorite Butler's reaction. She missed him.

"Oh Gab! When Sullivan told me, I almost did not believe him"

They pulled away and Gab beamed at him, a warm smile on her lips.

"Well, seeing me should make you believe that Dad was telling the truth"

"Oh"

Jenkins was moved with Gab calling Sullivan Dad. He witnessed how Sullivan struggled to win his daughter back and have the relationship they once shared. He was there when Sullivan would drown himself in misery and seek the comforts of alcohol just to have a momentary escape from everything. He witnessed how distraught and devastated Sullivan became when he lost of hope in reconciliation with his daughter. And now hearing Sullivan's only child call him dad made his heart melt. He was happy for the both of them and he couldn't contain his joy.

Before getting carried away, Gab cleared her throat and asked where his father was. Jenkins knew that the topic will make Gab sensitive and whatever progress they had, for sure it would be enough for now. Healing shouldn't be rushed. It would take time and in the end, it would be rewarding. He smiled at her before turning his heels and took her into the mansion's garden where her father awaits.