AN 3: PREVIEW!

Hello my lovely readers!! Since so many people want the sequel now, and I feel guilty that I can't post it yet, due to many reasons, I have brought you something to tide you over.... a preview!! There will probably be around three or four of these released total, up until the sequel's release date, which I haven't decided yet. Before Christmas, hopefully.

Anyway, not going to keep you waiting, so here it is! Please comment your thoughts, I love hearing from you guys. It makes writing these fanfictions very rewarding! 😄

May the Force be with you,

-LothalRebelUltraFan

*NOTE: MINOR EDITS MAY BE MADE TO THIS EXCERPT BEFORE IT'S RELEASE.* 

"NOOOO!!!" He screamed as his body and head met hard metal. Panting, sweat dripping off of him, he looked around wildly.

He was in his bedroom on Dantooine.

And Dev was staring at him, green lightsaber aglow, hair tousled and messy from sleep.

"Ez, are you okay?" He asked, crouching down beside the blue-haired Padawan. "What happened?"

Ezra sighed and lay his head agajnst the ground. "Yeah. I'm alright." He pushed himself up, rubbing his pounding and aching head. "But I had a vision."

Dev looked startled. "A vision? About what?"

Ezra peered at him suddenly. "Wait a minute. Why are you up? You don't even look tired, and it's barely after midnight."

Dev looked sheepish. "You know I don't sleep well. I fell asleep earlier tonight, but I had another nightmare. So I sort of gave up on trying to go back to sleep and started working on fixing up an old blaster I found while I was outside tonight. I snuck out to see the stars right after you fell asleep. I only came in because another dust storm started."

Ezra sighed in exasperation. "Dev, you know what Kanan would say. We're not supposed to be wandering around outside alone."

"I know." Dev looked crestfallen. He sighed and kicked at the ground with the toe of his boot. "It's just hard, you know? Being stuck inside, unless Dad lets us out, and if he does it's not for very long. I haven't seen anyone else in months besides you guys. I used to LIVE outside in a busy civilization."

A shadow crossed his face and Ezra wasn't sure if it was from the moonlight seeping through their window or if it was from the lingering rememberance of the dark side that was imbedded in both of them.

Standing there, so sheepish and sad, in moments like these Ezra sometimes forgot if Dev was the older or the younger brother. Especially when Dev had his nightmares. They came often, typically four nights a week, and Dev always woke up screaming for Darth Vader to leave him alone or for his father to save him. Even if he didn't have a nightmare, Dev would roll around, restless, until he finally would fall asleep hours later, sometimes still waking up in the middle of the night.

The events on the Executor had scarred all of his accomplices for life, especially the Jedi. But Ezra wasn't sure who, out of all of them, had been scarred the deepest.