Chapter 38: Back From The Dead

Just wanted to quickly say thank you guys so SO MUCH for 4.5K reads on this story.... this makes it one of my most read on Wattpad!!! It also has the most comments that I've EVER gotten on one of my stories here!! Love ya'll so much!! <3 And without further ado, on with the story! -LRUF

Familiar red lights.

Alarms screaming in his eardrums.

Grey everywhere.

How was he alive?

Just like when he thought he had breathed his last, the sights were nearly exact.

Except this time, Ahsoka was beside him, panting heavily. She stood up and backed away from him, obviously shaken by whatever the heck had just happened.

How was this possible? He was already shocked as to the fact that Kanan and Ahsoka were still alive, but how was he alive? He remembered dying!

"Ezra?" Someone spoke his name quietly, and he looked past Ahsoka and for the first time, noticed Kanan Jarrus standing there.

"How...." He whispered, then remembered his side. He looked down at the wound, lightly fingering it, expecting pain from the touch. But the only remnants of his bloody cause of death was a bright red scar showing through his ripped, black Sith clothing.

That's right. I'm a Sith. I'm no longer a Jedi.

Ezra stood up quickly, backing away. "Stay away," he warned. "I don't want to hurt you."

"Ezra–" Kanan started, reaching for him, but the boy pulled away.

"Leave," he said quietly, pure heartache in his full, yellow eyes. "It's better this way."

"No, it's not. You're not staying here to die. Ahsoka just brought you back to life at her own price, I am NOT letting you waste that gift!"

Ezra looked at Ahsoka. "What does he mean, you brought me back to life?"

The Togruta started to answer, then she stopped talking and started swaying. Her eyes rolled back in her head and she collapsed on the cold, hard, metal ground of the Executor's bridge.

"Ahsoka!" Kanan and Ezra shouted simultaneously. She was unconscious; likely a side effect of her energy drain from the transfer.

"Long story short, she gave you some of her life energy," Kanan explained, turning back to Ezra. Worry was evident in his clear eyes.

"I.... And for that, I'm grateful. But you have to go, Kanan. This ship is going down." Ezra gestured around him, sadness showing in his eyes. "I should go down with it. After all, if I live, Vader and my father will just use me for their evil purposes. I can't stop them. I.... I don't want you to get hurt anymore."

Not the best time to mention that his father–and Vader–are likely dead, Kanan thought.

"Ezra, please. Stop this. Come home," The Jedi Master pleaded.

"I can't change, Kanan! It doesn't matter if you're alive or not! This is what I've become!" Ezra gestured to himself, clothed all in black, eyes haunted and sorrowful and a golden yellow. "This is what I'm supposed to be! A Sith! It's my destiny!"