Epilogue: Family, In More Ways Than One

Ezra stood on top of a hill. The sun was setting, and the sky was filled with warm, glowing colours. Behind him, was the small house where he would live with Kanan and Dev, for however long to come. Likely longer than he would like, judging by the size and strength of the rebel fleet now. One thing was clear: The fleet would not be ready for a final strike on the Empire for a while.

The three Jedi were to live in a small, two-bedroom hovel that Commander Sato had located. About ten miles away from the only town on the planet in the Outer Rim, where they would rarely go, they were very isolated.

Perfect for people who want to go into hiding, Ezra thought.

He began to think of his crew. He already knew what they were doing right now, judging by the time of day it was on the Ghost: Zeb was sleeping, Sabine was painting, Chopper was likely disturbing Zeb's slumber, and Hera was cooking supper, likely something delicious. Ezra hadn't eaten his dinner yet. Judging by the smells coming from the house behind him, Kanan was burning the meat, and Dev, who his Master claimed was a far better cook than he was, was making some sort of delicious grilled vegetable. Ezra had glanced at his two companions as he had exited the house to watch the beautiful sunset, and he had to laugh. Kanan was eyeing the meat they had brought along like it had eight legs, while Dev was using knives and techniques with a skill that Ezra could never even hope to accomplish. He had only ever seen Hera go at food the way Dev had, and when his Master tried something like that, he had always failed hilariously. Kanan was never as good of a cook as Hera was, no matter how much he tried. At least Ezra knew that he wouldn't starve, if Kanan would just let Dev do all the cooking.

Thinking of his crew made sadness wash over him. They were somewhere out in the galaxy, without him. Fighting the Empire, taking the Imperials down one mission at a time, along with Commander Sato and Ahsoka and Rex. Ezra was missing his family desperately. He longed for being with them, for the constant laughter and smiles, for Chopper and Zeb's pranks, for Sabine's colourful paintings and explosions, for Hera's kind smile when he was frustrated. 

But despite his sorrows, Ezra managed to smile as he wiped the brimming tears from his blue eyes with the back of his hand.

It didn't matter how many stars and planets separated him, Kanan, and their crew.

They were family, in more ways than one. 

And nothing, Sith Lords or Empire alike, could ever change that.

So.... That's it! Comment if you would like a sequel–I mean, we can't just leave the story like this😉–and tell me what you would like to happen in it. Details will be coming soon about it.

I would just like to thank everyone for voting and commenting on this story. It has been one of my favourites to write on Wattpad, and I'm glad so many people enjoyed it. Even during the long hiatus I took, especially when I left you guys on a MAJOR cliffhanger for that time (about six months), most people stuck it out and happily returned when I took this story up again. I'm so blessed for all of my readers and followers and the support I receive when I write. None of this could be possible without everyone, thank you so much. Love you all!❤️❤️

Final songs of this story: Battle Scars by Lupe Fiasco if you want to be sad, Renaissance by Steve James if you want some medium feels, and Utopia by Daughtry if you want some happy feels.😄

May the Force be with you and more news on the sequel coming soon,

-LothalRebelUltraFan