Chapter 33: Endgame

Sorry for the delay, this chapter was really stumping me on how to write it. On with the story! -LRUF

Kanan felt a horrible slice of pain for only a moment, saw a flash of red light, then as quickly as it had come, it disappeared. Surprised, Kanan hung his head. The Force-inhibitor in Ezra had fully gone into his system, was preventing Kanan from feeling all of his Padawan's pain now, but the glimpse through their bond was enough to make Kanan even more worried.

Oh, kid. What is Vader doing to you now? I'm so sorry. I couldn't protect you. I failed you.

I failed you, Ezra.

*************************************

"Alright. One grumpy droid, one Lasat, one Mandolorian, one clone, and the majority of our weapons. My pistol, Zeb's bow-rifle, a blaster rifle for Chop, one of Sabine's pistols, and one of Rex's pistols, besides Sabine's helmet. All we're missing is two pistols, four Jedi, and five lightsabers." Hera rattled off the list. The freed rebels were currently hiding in the cell that they had most recently rescued Rex from, taking inventory and planning.

"Got one of the sabers. Don't ask where I found it or how I got it." Sabine tossed Kanan's lightsaber on the ground with their other weapons. "Darth Vader paid me a little visit. Guess I learned a trick or two from Ezra about pick-pocketing." The teen grinned savagely.

"Nice work, Sabine. Where do you think Kanan and Ahsoka are? We can't really get the kids without 'em. You know, 'cause there's a crazy Sith Lord and daddy Inquisitor onboard. We're no match against any sort of lightsaber." Zeb pointed out, hoisting his weapon carefully, as though checking it for any damage Kallus had done. "Besides, we're still undetected, thanks to Hera. That's going to change if we start breaking out highly wanted and hunted Jedi."

"What if we call the fleet and wait for backup?" Rex sugggested thoughtfully.

Hera shook her head. "There's no time. We'll have to do this ourselves. We can call in the fleet to help us escape, but we're going to have to do all of the actual rescuing ourselves."

"Just like old times," Sabine said, grinning slightly as she slid on her helmet.

"Right," Hera allowed herself a small smile. "I agree with Spectre 4. Let's go after Spectre 1 and Fulcrum, as one group, before we attempt to retrieve Spectre 6 and mini Kanan."

"Mini Kanan?" Zeb raised an eyebrow, not even bothering to hide his smirk.

"That's Dev's codename now. Sabine, can you slice the system and retrieve Kanan and Ahsoka's locations? Rex, when we get there, you're in charge of channeling the Commander. You can use Sabine's system."

"Ay ay, Captain." Rex saluted, grinning visibly.

"Alright, rebels. Let's go break out some highly wanted Jedi." Hera looked at Zeb when she said this, and finally smiled fully when the Lasat smashed his hands together and chuckled mischievously.

"Sounds good to me. I've been itchin' to get my hands on some bucketheads."

*************************************

Kanan sprang up instantly when the door to his cell slid open. He was determined to escape and find Ezra before the Sith could do anything else to him. He had to worry about Dev later. Though he was still handcuffed, he launched out with a boot.