Prologue: We're Here

Ezra watched out the window of the Ghost as the ship docked in the Command ship of the Rebellion. He heard footsteps pounding outside his door and glanced at the door as it slid open, muscles tensing, before it revealed a familiar tall figure. 

"Ezra, we're here," Kanan said.

"I know," Ezra replied, turning back to the window. He didn't want to discuss his fears now. 

"What's wrong?" Kanan asked, coming over to sit beside him on the bed. The door slid shut behind him. Ezra sighed, knowing he had to come clean. 

"Kanan, I have a bad feeling. It's been a year since the Inquisitor died and since we faced that Sith Lord, and I'm scared. And we haven't lightsaber duelled anyone–besides each other–since. I just have this feeling... that we're walking into a trap."

"On the rebel command ship? Ezra, no one here is a traitor. I understand what you're feeling, but you have to trust Ahsoka. She knows what she's doing." Kanan laid a hand on Ezra's shoulder, trying to comfort him.

Ezra sighed again. "I guess you're right."

Kanan smiled slightly. A year ago, Ezra would have merely shrugged him off and would have retorted him, which would have lead to Kanan wondering if Ezra could even be taught how to control himself and to trust others. Now, Ezra and Kanan had a powerful bond that couldn't be broken. Nothing or no one could break that bond. 

"Come on. Ahsoka's waiting for us." Kanan said and together, they both stood up and walked out of Ezra and Zeb's room, Kanan's hand still on Ezra's on shoulder.