Chapter 29: Consequences

Ezra had woken to stormtroopers lugging him through the Executor's hallways.

"Wha' the...." Ezra murmured, lifting up his head as the bucketheads dragged him through a metal doorway. He was sore all over from the torture, and being towed along the cold floor didn't help the aches.

"Ezra Bridger," Someone greeted him even before he had fully gotten into the room.

Blasted Sith. Vader never gave up, did he?

Ezra groaned as the stormtroopers continued pulling him by the ankles. "Go away."

"Now now, Ezra. Mind your manners. We have guests." His father stepped from the shadows to stand beside Darth Vader, eyes gleaming with.... Delight?

The bucketheads released him and stalked from the room, leaving him with the Sith and his father the Inquisitor. Aka, the best company ever. Ezra moaned and sat up, blearily rubbing his eyes. "What do you mean...."

His vision cleared and he froze.

No.

No.

Kanan sat, handcuffed, pant leg torn with the slash of a lightsaber wound, at Ezra's father's feet. His mouth was gagged and he was on his knees. His green-blue eyes were dull.

Ahsoka sat on her knees as well, also bound and gagged, at the feet of Darth Vader. Her eyes showed only sorrow.

The Empire's prisoners.

Ezra's fists clenched.

Both Jedis' eyes brightened when they saw him.

"Kanan? Ahsoka?" He whispered. Kanan's eyes widened before him. Kanan tried to say something, but it came out all muffled. Ezra couldn't understand a word of it. Master? He tried to call out through the Force. He was met by silence. Stupid Force-inhibitor.

"Second Brother, send a transmission to Agent Kallus. I want him to air a statement saying that the rebel insurgents from Lothal have perished."

"Yes, my Lord," the Second Brother bowed and grabbing Kanan by the arms, yanked him a few feet away from Vader. Kanan struggled futilely in his grip as he was held away from Ahsoka and Ezra. Ezra's father bent down and whispered something in his ear. Kanan went still. His father went back and pulled Ahsoka to sit beside Kanan as well. Then, Darth Vader strolled over to Ezra and leaning down, grasped his shoulder before Ezra could get away. He struggled, arching his back and whimpering as another sharp needle dug into his arm. He saw Kanan wince as Vader tightened his grip on him, grabbing him by both shoulders and forcing him to stand in front of him. Enveloped in the Dark Lord's grasp, Ezra felt the sensation of the dark side as though cold water was being dumped over his head. He didn't need the Force to feel it. He was secure, unable to move away, and too numb with shock to fight Vader. Perished? The rebels.... Perished? But....

"I want them to be read off on the Holonet, name by name," the Sith continued from behind Ezra, cold hands still holding Ezra. "First, that the droid has been dismantled, along with the rebels' attack shuttle. We have yet to retrieve their main ship, but it will not be long before we find it."

Chopper? No, Chopper!

"Bring in the Lasat," Vader ordered.