Chapter 3: Always Two There Are

"Spectre 5 and 6, the shipment is nearest to you! Go retrieve it and meet back at the Ghost! We'll cover you!" Kanan shouted through the comm. Ezra sighed and stopped blastsing bucketheads with his lightsaber. Turning to Sabine, he nodded and they headed down a hallway towards the shipment.

It was a day after Ezra had discovered his new talent. The crew was on a mission on an abandoned Republic medical station, stealing medical supplies for the rebellion.

Sabine and Ezra ran down the hallway and down another. Soon though, they turned a corner and saw a figure all in black at the end of the hall, with smaller probe droids. He or she wore a mask/helmet that covered it's whole entire head, and wore the Imperial logo on his or her shoulder.

"What... Is that?" Ezra asked. The figure moved closer, gracefully, yet predator-like. "A bounty hunter?"

"Guess again," came the female mechanical reply. The figure activated a red double-bladed lightsaber.

Ezra activated his lightsaber and held it defensively. "You're an Inquisitor," he realized.

"Oh, good, I don't have to explain it to you," she replied and waved her lightsaber around a bit for show.

"Run!" Sabine shouted and fired her twin blasters, but not at the Inquisitor, at the droids. They both turned and ran back the way they had come and down another hallway. The Inquisitor and her droids followed.

"We have to find Zeb and Chopper!" Sabine shouted, still firing at the red and black droids. The duo turned down another hallway, but were blocked by another red lightsaber-wielding foe. The Fifth Brother.

"Not who we're looking for," Ezra told the Inquisitor and the rebels ran away again.

They came to a closed durasteel door. Ezra held his lightsaber defensively as Sabine hot-wired the door panel. The female rounded the corner, lightsaber blades glowing, swinging them threateningly. She was the Seventh Sister.

Sabine finished with the wiring and the door slid open. Firing once more at the droids, ran through the open door. "Come on!" She shouted to the young Padawan, who quickly followed her. But the Inquisitor motioned to her droids, which each grabbed one of Ezra's ankles and dragged him back to her.

Sabine turned around at Ezra's cry of surprise and saw her crew member being pulled away towards evil. "No!" She cried and ran towards the boy—and the Seventh Sister.

"Sabine! Run!" Ezra shouted and standing up, pushed his still-glowing lightsaber through the control panel. The door slammed shut just as Sabine reached it.

"Ezra!" she shouted and banged her fists on the durasteel door. But it was no use. Ezra was securely on the other side–with the enemy.

*************************************

"Such a noble act. Just like a Jedi." The Seventh Sister sneered tauntingly as the male Inquisitor rounded the corner behind her. Both were still holding their lit lightsabers. The probe droids pinned Ezra firmly to the door while the female Inquisitor used the Force to take his lightsaber.

"I'm learning," he grimaced.

"But not quite enough," she replied.

The Fifth Brother suddenly charged at Ezra. But the Seventh Sister blocked his lightsaber with her own.  "I'm surprised to see you here," she said.

He pulled his blade away from hers and deactivated his lighstaber. "The kill is mine!" he shot back.

The Seventh Sister deactivated her lightsaber as well. "You ARE short-sighted," she said. "We will use the boy as bait to draw in the others. Now find the girl."

"No!" Ezra cried desperately and pulled against the droids grip, but it was no use. The Fifth Brother left to go find Sabine, taking two of the probe droids with him. Ezra pulled against the final one pinning him by his right shoulder as the Seventh Sister drew close. She grabbed his pinned shoulder and Ezra looked away.

"You and I are gonna have a talk," she said, seductively playing with his hair, then pulled his face towards hers. "And if you're good, maybe some of your friends will survive!"

Hi guys! I'm so sorry that it took me so long to update. The reasons why are listed in my latest status update, if you want to know why I disappeared for a month. Anyway, three quick things I need to mention about this story:

1. I saw "Always Two There Are" when it came out and while I loved it, I'm not going to use the whole episode plot in this fanfiction. Some things will be tweaked, such as the whole crew now being involved in this mission, and some will just be changed completely. Fanfictions aren't meant to follow the story line completely; that's why they're called "fan" fictions!

2. I know that so far in Season 2, our new Inquisitors have remained nameless for the other characters. But to make writing this a little easier, they will be known mostly by the "Seventh Sister" and "Fifth Brother" until I introduce them in the story. Even though this doesn't exactly work technically, it will make my life easier when I'm writing about them.

3. And also, "The Lost Commanders" and "Relics of the Old Republic" have already happened, in case you couldn't tell that from the first chapter. Right now, this story is at "Always Two There Are". And by the way, Rebels Recon on starwars.com said that while Rex came back with the rebels, Wolf and Gregor stayed back at their new home, just to clarify. Thanks again for waiting so long guys, and May the Force be with you!

-LothalRebelUltraFan