Twenty-Two.

One Year Later

The WWE had just finished their European Tour, and Seth was finally able to go home to Davenport for a few days before he'd be needed for Raw.

When he got to his rental car and was seated in the driver's seat, he pulled out his phone.  He had a text from Charlie that he had gotten early that morning, when he was sleeping on the plane.

Hey! :) I don't know when you'll be home again or when your tour ends, but you should have something from me in the mail. Let me know if you get it!

He wasn't sure what she could be sending him, so he started the car and headed home. 

He brought his bags inside first, and after checking the mail, he'd be going to his mom's house to pick up Kevin (the dog, not the mean Canadian man).

Seth walked back outside, shut the trunk of the car, and walked over to the mailbox.  There were a few bills inside, as well as a box that he assumed was from Charlie.

He brought everything inside, setting the mail on the table.  He began opening the box, and he quickly found what was inside: papers.

The papers were stapled together, with 3 staples going down the side, so that it opened up like a book.  After flipping through the pages, he realized what he was looking at: Charlie's book.

The front page had the title and her name in the center, as well as two pink Post-It notes.

A Day to Remember
by Charlie Dawson

The first Post-It read I feel like I'd get sued if I named it after a song like you suggested, so I named it after a band.  But I feel like it sounds kinda like "A Walk to Remember" or whatever that movie is called.

The second one was next to her name and said Charlie Dawson? Charlotte Dawson? Which sounds better?

He turned the page, where he found the book's acknowledgements.

To Mom & Dad, for always believing in me.

To Amelia, for letting me name the main character after you (even if you don't go by Lia).

To Hannah, for being by my side through every stupid thing I've ever done.

And to BadNewsRollins, for reminding me that I love writing, and that I need to stop sitting on my ass and do something about it.

This page had one Post-It note, a green one: Can't give away your secret identity, can we, BadNewsRollins? ;)

He flipped through the pages, finding an assortment of colored Post-It notes throughout, usually with small notes or questions written on them.

The book was long, especially to someone who didn't read as much as he should, so he set it down on the table in front of him.  He didn't have much time between now and Monday, so once he got home after Raw, he'd dive into the book.

Ignoring the rest of his mail, he pulled out his phone and texted Charlie.

About a month after seeing Of Mice & Men, Charlie got a new job waitressing at a restaurant near her house.  She worked during the day now, and he was never sure when she would get off work, but now that she had nights off, he knew he wasn't disturbing her during the day.

YOU FINISHED THE BOOK??

He expected a text back, but when his phone started ringing instead, he didn't hesitate to answer it.

"You finished the book?" He repeated.

"Hello to you, too," She greeted him sarcastically.

"Sorry," He quickly apologized. "Hi, Charlie.  How are you?  Was work good today?"

She laughed. "That's much better.  I'm fine, and work was good." She paused. "Okay, we can talk about the book now."

"You're done with it?"

"Not exactly," She replied. "I sent you the rough draft, which is why it has no cover and is full of Post-It notes.  Before I send it to a publisher or anything, I want to make sure it's good, you know?  So, read it and tell me what you think." She paused. "Unless you've already read it?  Have you?" She sounded nervous now.

"I just got home," He told her. "I've only looked at the first two pages.  I'm going to read it once I've got time to sit down and do it."

"So you've seen the cover page?" She asked.

"Yes."

"What do you think about the title and my name?"

"You might want to come up with an alternate title, just in case you're not allowed to use a band's name," He said. "And I like Charlie Dawson.  There's mystery behind it.  Who wrote this?  A guy?  A girl?  A dog?"

She laughed, and when she spoke again, she seemed calmer than before. "I don't think dogs can write books."

"Kevin would be offended by that," He said. "He's already got half a book written."

She laughed again. "But dogs don't have thumbs."

"You don't need thumbs to type," He replied.

"You need your thumbs to hit the spacebar," She told him. "Have you never typed before?"

He knew he'd lost this battle, so the conversation had to end before he started sounding like an idiot.

"Speaking of Kevin, I've got to go pick him up from my mom's house," He said.

"You just don't want to admit that I'm right," Charlie said.

"Not true."

"Then tell me I'm right."

"I've got to go."

"Seth Rollins, you are an idiot."

"Yeah, but you mentioned me in your book, so you obviously like me," He pointed out.

She laughed. "Go pick up Kevin... And call me once you've read it!"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Seth - "

He hung up before she could yell at him.

***

The book is finally over! :)

It only took me a year to complete, which is progress since all my other books take me 2-3 years to finish. xD

Anyway, I hope you liked it, both this chapter and the book as a whole! And if you're reading any of my other books, expect them all to get at least one update before Christmas. :)

(Before you ask me any questions, check out the author's note in the next chapter k thanks)