Chapter 35

Kira POV:

A groan escaped my lips as I felt myself coming back into consciousness. My eyes were still shut and I was too weak to open them.

"Nice to see that your finally awake." A male voice muttered.

I grunted and turned my head to the side a bit as to create a more comfortable position for my head. "Hn, what happened when I went out?"

A sigh escaped there lips. I could hear them begin to shift a bit. Suddenly, an agonizing pain burned throughout my body especially my upper body and neck.

"After you passed out Lord third protected you from Orochimaru. He hid you somewhere Orochimaru couldn't find you,well tried to. But since you all were stuck in a barrier he had a limited hiding places so he had given you to his summoning to protect you from harm. Unfortunately third Hokage had died and Orochimaru had his jutsu taken away."

Anger, regret and sadness were the only things I could feel right now. I then made an effort to open my eyes only to find that I was unable to.

"Why can't I open my eyes?"

"They've been bandaged. According to the medical team that had you medically treated, blood had been running from your eyes. They said you could have lost your sight permanently if you would have been using it longer."

I sighed and relaxed my body that was in pain and slowly felt myself feeling more at ease.

"So...the Third Hokage...is dead?" It was a question I hoped not to be true. If he was dead, then his life would be because of me.

"Yes, and don't think this was your fault. He died protecting the village and those he cared for."

I fumbled my eyebrows in confusion.

How the hell did he know this stuff.

"I have my ways" He spoke as if he had read my mind.

I sighed and softly smiled. "You always know what happens no matter what, don't you? Itachi."

Itachi sighed and I could hear his footsteps getting closer to me until they stopped.

"Your reckless as always, Kira." I could feel him adjusting the pillow I layed on to be a bit more comfortable for me. I thanked him quietly and sighed.

"Why did you come here? You know how much of a risk this puts you in. Someone could see you especially Kakashi."

Itachi shook his head. I could hear another voice in the room it was deep and rough.

"Kakashi has been taken cared of."

"Your still at risk and you haven't answered my first question."

I could hear Itachi sigh while the unknown person chuckled.

"That isn't something for you to know. Your still too young." I frowned and began to shift into a more comfortable position of the bed. They were so uncomfortable and felt as if you just woke from sleeping on the ground for three days straight.

"Kisame, go wait outside and watch out for any on comers. I need to speak to Kira in private."

I could hear Kisame grunt and heard the shuffling of feet as the door opened with a creak and closed with a slight bang. Silence filled the room for a couple of minutes before Itachi decided to speak up.

"You need to be careful Kira. Leave the village. "

"Why?"

"The Akatsuki are going to recruit you whether you want to or not. Take the Hajime boy with you, he too will be sought after. The leader of the Akatsuki will do anything to get their hands on you two."

I nodded with clenched fists. What will be my excuse for leaving the village? To train? Yeah, and then what? I've already left the village for 7 years to do that. If the Akatsuki were after Kagami and I then it will be best if we go into hiding and training if we need it. But where?

"You can train with your summonings. It is possibly the safest place that the Akatsuki won't be able to find you."

I nodded in reply. "Thank you, Itachi. But what will I say to everyone? "

"That you will be leaving the village for a while to train and you will be taking Kagami with you."

"And if they don't buy the excuse?"

Itachi sighed yet again. "Then you will have no choice but to go rogue, the village will do there best to capture you and keep you in this village. They will not let such power slip from there palms no matter what."

It was then that silence filled the room once more. A silence both Itachi and I thinking of what should happen in the future.

"I have to leave now Kira. I can feel anbu heading in this direction. Remember what I said and notify your friend." With that said I knew Itachi was gone meaning that his partner left with him.

Suddenly the door burst open and I could hear multiple shuffling of feet in my hospital room. I remained calm.

"Where are they?"

A smirk made its way on my face as I crossed my arms. "Who?"

I decided to play along and possibly give my ex-sensei enough time to leave the land of fire.

"Don't think we do know. The intruders, there were two of them. Now, where are they?"

"Look I don't know what your talking about. I have been in this room all by myself doing nothing."

"You little sh-"

Before the person could finish there sentence, a loud and energetic voice could be heard throughout the hospital.

"KIRA-CHAN! KIRA-CHAN! SHE'S HERE! I BROUGHT HERE SO SHE COULD HEAL YOU AND SASUKE. BELIEVE IT!"

'Naruto'

A sigh of relief escaped my lips as I turned my head into the direction Naruto's voice came booming. Even though I couldn't see him I knew that Naruto was grinning from ear to ear.

"Hello Naruto"

"Kira-chan! We found her, believe it. Now she can heal you and Sasuke."

I let a small smile slip up on my face as I heard his words.

"So you must be the girl the brat was talking about on the way here. "