Chapter 29

Kira's POV:

I sighed and stood above the outlines of where my parents bodies once were; with clenched fists I gazed harshly at the bloody crimson dried up blood that left miserable patterns of memories that I was scarred for eternity.

"I thought I'd find you here Lady Kira" a voice sounded. The sound of the wooden floorboards creaked as said person leaned against the door frame.

"What are you doing here, Kagami?" My eyes were set on him full of anger.

Amused, Kagami chuckled with his arms crossed over his chest as he raised an eyebrow.

"I should be asking you the same thing" he retorted.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "As clan leader of the Hajime clan, you are answer what I question. Now speak"

Kagami sighed and stood up straight. "I came here seeking the residence that once belonged to my family and I, before that night. If you don't mind me asking; might I ask what you are doing here?"

I studied him for a few seconds before looking back at the place where I last saw my parents.

"The Hokage gave me the day off after the three week training non-stop. He said that he had to deal with some confidential work at the office as well"

He nodded and followed after me as I made my way out of the room.

"Lady Kira. I came to discuss something with you as well. Something serious."

"What do you want to talk about?"

"Let's take a walk shall we?" He suggested

*

"So what is it that you wanted to talk to me about, Kagami"

"It has come to my attention that you must have known that I no longer live here in my home village, the rightful place of where our clan came to after Hashirama-sama and Madara-sama came to an alliance."

I nodded my head in understanding.

"Well since you are the head of the clan and with the permission of Hokage-sama along with the elders. I would like to return to the village and return the compound. I want to help you, not like a servant but an assistant or advisor"

I looked at Kagami with a surprised yet suspicious look causing my charcoal eyes to narrow at him.

"Why now? Of all times, why are you asking me now? Your not going to try and pull something are you?"

Surprised, Kagami laughed as he clutched his stomach. I clenched my fists and glared at him.

"What's so funny? I thought you said this is serious"

He shook his head and frantically in front of him. "Ma, ma. The reason for my request for my return is because I had just recently heard of your return. There I decided -with the help of my sensei who I can not reveal their name to you to- that I shall return here."

I sighed and dragged a hand through my hair. I found it quite suspicious of Kagami returning to the village especially during the exams. But, I would also be relieved. Kagami seemed to be a loyal clan member but I wasn't too sure.

"If you can prove yourself that you really do want to assist me in whatever it is then I might believe you and let you return to the compound. As for the village, ask the Hokage and he will discuss it with the elders since you are one of the two remaining member of the Hajime clan."

Kagami smiled and nodded his head with his hands in his pockets.

"You have my word, Lady Kira"

"Please refrain yourself from calling me Lady Kira, it sounds weird"

"Very well"

~~~~Time skip~~~~

Third person POV:

"There seems to be another living member of the infamous Hajime Clan. Tell me, why wasn't I notified of this sooner?" The strangers voice was deep and stern that led people to fall to their knees in fear.

Four men had stood within the shadows of the trees near the forest of the Hajime compound. They were both watching Kira and Kagami who seemed to both be deeply concentrated into their conversation to notice the men.

"We only recently just found out and thought none of importance to it. The boy hasn't shown any sign that he has inherited the clan's kekkei genkai unlike the girl." One of them spoke as to answer their leaders question.

"The boy may not have shown any signs of him inheriting it but that does not mean he is important, he could be another piece to the puzzle of our plans. Be sure that the both of them are kept alive and remember don't get caught. We don't want the girls sensei to get involved, he will just ruin it all"

The men bowed and at the same time muttered a "hai" to their leader before the left to their rightful bases.

The leader of the group stood straight with his hand behind his back that he kept interwined together.

"Only a little longer until I can start. The world will soon be in my clutches"

*

The Hokage sighed and leaned into his chair with his smoke pipe in his hand.

"I want you to keep an eye out for him. Be sure to check on the genin that are still participating in the exams if they are safe. Especially the Uchiha and my student. I sense they are going to be a main target but I can't be too sure"

"Hai" the chorus of replies came as seven anbu stood in front of the Hokage at a secret anbu area.

"Dismissed"

"Hokage-sama, do you really think that Sasuke and Kira are being targeted?" A familiar voice sounded from behind the village leader.

"It is possible. After all, they do hold such unique and rare but powerful Kekkei Genkai. It is the only possible explanation. Sasuke and Kira have both been born into great clan's that has been feared worldwide and is now on the brink of extinction, the enemy would do anything to get their clutches onto these Kekkei Genkai"

Kakashi looked down at his feet and had subconsciously clenched his fists out of determination and anger.

He knew he had to make it a priority to protect his students. After failing to protect his comrades and sensei Kakashi knew what he had to do even if it had cost him his own life.

"Then I will make it my duty to keep Sasuke and Kira from harm."

"You may be able to be them from harm Kakashi, but will you be able to keep them from darkness?" He questioned.

The Hokage knew that Sasuke and Kira would eventually find the truth of why their clan's were wiped out which would leave them filled with nothing but vengeance. Vengeance against the village if someone were to make it sound like it was the fault of the hidden leaf.

Both Genin were still young and a bit naive, they could easily be brainwashed if the words being said to them were exact and at the point where their hatred and vengeance will slowly turn towards their own home.

"Let's just see what Kami has in store for us"