Chapter 25

Sasuke POV:

I gritted my teeth and gripped the damned curse mark that was causing me immense pain. Sakura had thanked everyone for helping us out especially Lee and his teammates for saving her and Kira.

Speaking of Kira, I painfully made my way towards her and carefully picked her up ignoring the pain that was coming from the mark. I held her bridal style and gently placed her down where the idiot was now awake.

"Uhhh Sasuke-kun, I don't think you should be doing that after the fight you've just had and that mark you've just received"

"I'm fine Sakura just make sure Naruto is, I'll make sure Kira is alright."

Sakura hesitated a bit before she went to take care of Naruto. I sighed and looked at my teammate, she was pale and all bruised up, her clothes had a few rips and was dirty. I could feel that her chakra had been extremely drained but enough for her to survive.

I took out a cloth that Sakura had lent to me and wiped off the dirt that was on her face, but was careful when it came to any minor wounds. She looked rather at peace when she was sleeping. I sighed and got up, everyone had already left leaving only my team left.

"Come on we're leaving, enemies should start heading this way now from all the noise in battle. Naruto carry Kira on the way and I'll lead to find any possible teams who have an earth and heaven scroll."

Sakura nodded while the teme grumbled but agreed to it.

~~~~Time skip~~~

Third person POV:

Kira groaned as her midnight toned eyes slowly opened. She looked around to find Sakura seeming to be setting up a fire but there was no sight of her two male teammates.

She slowly hauled herself up and held her head.

Sakura glanced up and smiled as she made her way towards Kira. She placed a hand on Kira's shoulder in a crouched position.

"Glad your awake. You've been out for awhile now"

Kira sighed, looking at her surroundings. "What happened? Where's Naruto and Sasuke?"

"After you went unconscious Sasuke took care of the sound nin with the help of Lee, Ino-pig and Hinata's team. When that was done Sasuke brought the both of you to where Naruto and I were and we all left the area with Naruto carrying you, and here we are. The boys are just down the stream to catch some fish."

Kira got up and looked at her clothes to see they were nice and clean, she noticed that her arms and legs had been bandaged along with her chest going down to her stomach where she could feel the tightness of the wrappings that hugged her.

"Did you do this?" She looked towards Sakura who had gone back to what she was doing and seemed to be having trouble starting a fire. Sakura looked at Kira and saw that she was gesturing to her new set of clothes and bandages.

Sakura nodded and scratched the back of her head. "Uhh yeah, it's a thank you for saving Naruto, Sasuke-kun and I from Orochimaru."

Kira smiled softly. "It should be me and the boys that should be thanking you when we were unconscious, you were the one to take care of us. If it weren't for you Sakura, I don't know what would've happened if you weren't on team 7"

Sakura felt happiness and joy when she uward Kira say that. She knew just how much her and Kira had a strong disliking to each other, the feeling was mutual. But hearing that coming from someone who barely showed emotions and was never one to do girly things; one who would prefer to train or go on missions rather than go to sleep overs and shopping. It meant a lot to Sakura, not even her rival Ino had said something like that to her.

A tear slipped down Sakura's cheek.

"Alright, you are not to mention this conversation to anybody, ok?" Kira narrowed her eyes at Sakura, she didn't want anyone to know that she had a soft spot for people. Although she was nice to certain people, she was never nice to Sakura. Sakura sent a smile and joyful laugh towards Kira followed by a nod.

Soon Sasuke and Naruto returned with a handful of fish, the fire had been lit thanks to Kira's fire style jutsu. Sakura cooked the fish since Kira couldn't be bothered and warned Sakura about Naruto and Sasuke's cooking skills.

"Hey, what wrong with my cooking?!?" Naruto glared at Kira, who shrugged and bored looked at Naruto.

"Just leave it to someone who can Naruto. Face it, you can't cook at all, if Sasuke cooks he'll grumble on about having to do 'everything' by himself which will lead into you two fighting and will cause team conflict and I don't want that. I just want this exam to be over and done with" Naruto muttered a few things under his breath but was ignored.

Kira got up and brought out her water canteen from her pouch. "I'll be back, I need a refill on my canteen"

Without waiting for a reply, Kira made her way to the stream Naruto and Sasuke went to catch their dinner. She knelt down and started to feel be canteen with the fresh, clean and cool water.

"How are you recovering?" A familiar voice questioned. Kira kept her head down looking into the stream as she finished filling her canteen.
"Alright I guess. Sakura has done a good job taking care of my wounds, so far none of them have gotten infected or worse." She explained.

Sasuke nodded and bent down, filling his own canteen. It was silent, the only thing that could be heard was the sound of crickets and the water that rushed down the stream swiftly.

"What will you do when the exams are done?" Kira asked braking the silence between them after awhile.

Sasuke sighed and looked up at the night sky as the stars twinkled before the two. "When the exams are over, I guess, I might train with Kakashi some more then, when I'm strong enough, hunt down someone and kill them."

Kira raised an eyebrow at him. "It's your brother, isn't it" Sasuke clenched his fist that held his canteen as he gritted his teeth. He kept silent which Kira took as a signal to continue.

"He was the one that caused you so much pain wasn't he? He was the one to take away everything you cared for, right? He was the one to cause you to be so alone."

"Shut up, you don't know anything Kira so just mind your own business"

Kira sighed. "Whatever, just know that your not the only one to lose their clan from someone you thought you knew"

Kira stood up and made her way to Naruto and Sakura. Sasuke followed in pursuit, he held his head low, a glare he was hiding from the team.

He started to think about what she had said to him, did she have to go through the same thing he did? He didn't know which pissed him off. Every time they had to train with each other he thought he got to know her through the battles they had, but he was wrong. Sasuke knew nothing about Kira. He thought he did but he was wrong. He watched her back, curious as to know who she really was.
Kira narrowed her eyes at the sight before her.

"What do you idiots think your doing?!"

Naruto and Sakura stared wide eyed at her with surprised faces. Sasuke looked up at glared at the two causing them both to pale.

"Kira..." Naruto muttered softly with a tinge of fear.

"...Sasuke" Sakura finished.

"You have some explaining to do" she crossed her arms and glared at them, Sasuke just kept his stare on Sakura and Naruto but also the threat that stood them.

"Who are you?" He pulled a kunai out and held it out in front of him defensively.

The enemy raised his arms up in surrender. "Calm down, I'm not your enemy. I was just passing by and saw these two about to open the scrolls and managed to stop them before they did" he explained.

Kira rolled her eyes. "Thanks but we asked who you were"

The intruder smiled at them.

"My name is Kabuto"