Making Up

Sarah Beth~

"Cedric! Cedric!" I ran up to him as he was stretching. It was thirty minutes before the last task. He stood up from touching his toes.

"Yes?" He asked, his eyes squinting from the shining sun.

"Um..." The tension between us was awkward. "Good luck..." He nodded.

"Thank you." We just stood there, starring at each other. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore! I loved him too much for this to keep happening. All I wanted was things to be back to the way they used to be... the way everything was before this stupid boyfriend business came along.

"I'm sorry I said those things, Cedric! I really, really, really, am! I don't think you're a spare! Please, please, please, forgive me!" I threw my arms around him. Instead of replying, he hugged me back. I pressed my face into his chest.

"I know you are." He lightly said, taking one of his hands off my back and putting it on top of my head. I looked up at him.

"You're not mad anymore?"

"No. Rufus explained everything to me this morning."

"He did?" He took his hand off my head.

"Yeah. It's awful what Draco did to you. It was terrible."

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault." We broke out of our hug as starred at each other again. He looked older, like an adult. More mature than I had remembered... I guess he was all those things and more. It still didn't change the herd of butterflies that had taken over my stomach. I still loved him.

"So, I'm forgiven?" His lips broke into a smile, the triumphant one that always makes my knees weak.

"You're forgiven." I don't remember anything in between. One second I was standing in front of him and the next I was hugging him again. He hugged me tighter, pulling me in. It was like a dream, only his grip wasn't the grip of a lover like I had wished, but one of a brother. "Didn't I say that I'll always be here for you?"

"Yes..." I trailed off.

"Well, that's still true. I will always be here for you and I'll always be your friend."

"Always?"

"Always.

"Even when you're super famous from winning the tournament?" He laughed.

"Yes. Even then."