Finding Memories

"I don't want to her another word. What you did to Cumberland, no matter how much she needed it, was not right, so you must take responsibility." Uncle Severus snapped as he started to leave his office. "You must take the consequences of your actions."

"But I've been taking them for two weeks now!"

"And you will continue to be punished until I say otherwise."

"This is the second task. This is a once in a life time opportunity!" Truthfully, I didn't really care about the task, I just didn't want to be stuck in my Uncle's office while everyone else was out there.

"I said not another word." He snapped again. "As much as I hate it, I am required to watch the task. While I'm gone, you will read chapters five through ten." He waved his wand and a copy of Beginners Potions floated of the bookshelf and landed on the desk in front of me with a thud. "Do not attempt to make any potion, you might set the school on fire." He warned and closed the door as he left. I sneered; as if I was really going to make a potion if I didn't have to.

Sighing, I laid my head on the desk. I wasn't going to read about potions, so I let myself fall into a deep thought.

I wondered what everyone was doing out there, or what the second task even was for that matter. I had heard rumor that when the Champions opened the golden eggs, a screech let out and that was suppose to be a clue to the second task; but a clue to what? Were they facing another dragon? Some creature far worse than that?...I hoped not.

As much as I hated to say it, I didn't want anyone getting hurt, not even Potter. Although I was routing for him to get maimed during the first task, I had accepted the fact that he was a Champion as time had went by. But I couldn't tell Draco that. He would get furious, and I hated making him mad. No, I had to keep this bit of information to myself.

I sat up out of boredom and opened up my uncle's desk drawer. everything had been replaced form last year. I opened the rest of the drawers to see that that was the true for the whole desk. The only exception was the picture of the red headed Potter whom I still had no clue who she was.

I wished I would figure out who she was. Someone had to know...I picked it up to look at it closer when something caught my eye.

Laying in the bottom of the drawer on it's side was a small, glass vial, filled with a silvery, but smoke-like gray liquid. I knew exactly what it was...memories.

I only knew this for two reasons:

The first one was because my father carried around a bottle just like this his box that I was forbidden to touch. I always assumed that it was some kind of healing potion. It wasn't until my father died that I learned that it wasn't filled with a potion, but memories which was also the second reason I knew what it was.

When the Ministry found me, I was crying over my father's dead body, which was burnt to a crisp. I had picked up his wand and tried to use the simple healing spell he hand used on me so many times before. Doing this, the Ministry detected underage magic and tracked me down. At the time we had been hiding in our actual house, which we did once, maybe twice a year if I was lucky, so his box was hidden away where they couldn't find it. I was going to go back and get it some day.

Once they had me, the Ministry took me to the Improper Use of Magic Office. They asked me tons of questions, one of them being asked over and over... what happened to my father?

I was to shocked to answer. Being on their wit's end, they asked if they could take a look at my memories and said that they just wanted to help. I reluctantly and silently agreed.

One of the men stepped forward and showed me what to do. He handed me his wand, and I copied his actions perfectly. It resulted in a stream of shimmering, half smoke, half liquid to come out of my head. I pulled the wand away and suddenly jerked back in fear, making the liquid-smoke stop.

It's fine," The same man assured, but I didn't believe him. That was one of the major things my father warned me about. He always referred to the Ministry as 'them', or 'they', and one of his favorite sayings were 'We can't let them find us, or they will kill us'. Remembering this, I blankly, starred up at the man. He seemed to be getting impatient. "Come on!" he said a little more forcefully. I slowly shook me head no. "Resisting will-"

"What is going on here?" Suddenly, a man wearing a green bowler had burst through the door. the yelling man straightened up and looked at the man coming through the door.

"We've captured Snape, sir. Well, sort of."

"Snape? The Death Eater we've been after for thirteen or so years?" The one practicing Dark Magic?"

"Yes. He's dead. This is apparently his daughter. I was just trying to get her to-"

"Leave her be." Said the man with the hat." The child's clearly terrified. Look at her eyes, they are as big as sickles."

"But, sir,  it's Snape's daughter! We need to know what he had been up to-" The yelling man held up the vial.

"That is enough! I want someone to take her to the Leaky Cauldron. Get her a room. I want Dolores on this." The man in the green hat approached me. "You don't have to do anything else tonight. They're getting you a place to stay for now until we find you a care taker. Tomorrow morning a woman will come get you. She'll be wearing pink."

I looked back down in the drawer; what could be in the vial? I picked it up, examining it. The curiosity was killing me... I would have to look.

I took the vial to the back of the room, hoping the Pensive I had once saw during a potions lesson was still there. To m delight, it was.

I pulled the stopper out of the vial and poured the shimmering memory into the stone bowl. Once it had leveled its self out, I looked in, trying to prepare myself for whatever I was going to see