If Only Flowers Fixed Everything

Sarah Beth~

I sat and waited for Cedric early the next morning in the Common Room, engulfed in thought. How could I have let this happen? Cedric was wonderful, perfect even, and I wrecked our friendship over one stupid kiss. Yes, it was for Gregory's own good, and yes, I loved Gregory...but I loved Cedric more.

Cedric had always been so nice, so sweet...That's why I had fallen in love with him.

......................................................................................................................................................

It was a couple months after I had meet him. The Ministry was throwing a summer picnic. I was still six years old, but not as shy about leaving my Auntie's side as I had been.

Rufus was sick with a bug that had been going around, so he was at home with his mum and dad, leaving me incredibly board. I was sitting at a picnic table with Auntie, enviously watching the older kids play a grounded version of Quidditch.

"Auntie," I looked up at her with my big, hazel eyes. "I want to play with everyone else." She gave me a sympathetic smile.

"You'll get dirty or hurt, pumpkin. It's better if you stay right here with me, okay?"

"Okay, Auntie..." I sighed and propped my chin up with my elbow.

"Very good!" She patted the top of my head. I sighed again and turned my attention back to the other kids. Oh, how I longed to join them.

After watching them for a few minutes, Cedric caught my eyes. He yelled something to the other kids, who stopped what they were doing and nodded. Then, he started walking in my direction.

"Excuse me, Ms. Umbridge?" Auntie stopped talking to Mr. Cornelius to look at the young boy.

"Yes, Cedric?"

"Can Sarah Beth play with us, please?" He asked, pointing to the other kids over his shoulder with his thumb. I pepped up and looked up at my Auntie.

"Please, Auntie? Pretty please?" I smiled widely. She hesitated for a moment, but finally gave in.

"Okay...but be careful."

"Yay!" I squealed with happiness. "Come on, Cedric!" I grabbed his hand and tried to pull him forward. He ran along beside me, until we were with the others. I looked really out of place with my pink sundress and big, pink bow.

"Okay...How would you like to be keeper?" He bent down to my height.

"Okay, Cedric!" I said cheerfully. "...what's a keeper?" He laughed.

"Hold on. Hey, Fred?" He yelled to a red headed boy standing in front of a hoop.

"Yeah?" The boy answered.

"Can you sit out for a minute so Sarah Beth can play?"

"Sure," The boy stepped out of the way and guested to where he had been standing as if to say 'here you go'.

"Great, now, Sarah Beth, you are going to try to keep the Quaffle," He pointed to a ball on the ground. "From going into the hoop. Do you think you can do that?"

"Yeah!" I excitedly exclaimed.

"Good job!" He gave me a high five before I ran to my place. "Okay,"He said to everyone else. "One...two...three...go!"

Everyone started moving at once, and it was to much for my six year old mind to comprehend. I peered at them in amazement, trying to find out what was happening until I saw the Quaffle soaring towards the hoop. Cedric had given me one job, and that was not to let that ball go in the hoop.