The Not So Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Sarah Beth~

"Ah! Ruffie! Look!" I squealed from the Muggle section of the library.

"What is it?" He asked, standing on the other side of the shelf.

"The Wonderful Wizard of Oz!"

"What's that?"

"It's an amazingly awesome Muggle Musical! And apparently it's a book!" I grabbed it and ran to the other side. "Look, Ruffie!" I shoved it in his face. He took it from me and and held it out so he could look at the cover.

"I see it." He handed it back.

"Look at the pictures! They don't even move!"

"Yes. I can see that."

"They'er so lifeless. It's great!"

"Ms. Cumberland," I turned around to see Ms. Pince standing over me. "You're much to loud. I've warned you every time you've been in here at least once. You re distracting other students. I'm afraid I'm going to have to ban you from the library." It took a couple moments to process what she had said.

"W-what?"

"You are banned from the library."

"But Ms. Pince!"

"Shh!"

"But Ms. Pince," I lowered my voice. "I'll to be quiet! I really will!" Her face softened.

"Well..."

"Please," I used the smile my Auntie often used to persuade people. She sighed.

"Okay...I'll give you one more chance...but if you blow it-"

"Oh, thank you, Ms. Pince!" I hugged her.

"Oh," She seemed shocked. "Um, yes. So, try to be quiet."

"I will!"

"Quiet." She reminded.

"Oh, right," I lowered my voice again. "I will."

"Very well. Remember what I said." She nodded and started to go back to her desk.

"Wait!" I stopped her. She turned around and softly said.

"Quiet."

"Wait," I went up to her. "I want to check this out." I handed her the book.

"The Wonderful Wizard of Oz." She read. "A Muggle Classic." I smiled and followed her to her desk. "You know, almost every Muggle child has heard this story?"

"Really? I haven't even read the book, and this is my 4th year! But I have heard the music from the play! I love it!" She chuckled.

"That's nice, dear." She handed it back to me.

"Thank you." I smiled and went back to Rufus.

"Frecky..." He started, "Do you realize that you are on, like, probation basically?"

"Huh?"

"You won't be allowed back in if you screw up."

"Geeze," I rolled my eyes. "Chill out. You sound like Auntie."

"Can't you take anything seriously?" He asked. We sat down at one of the tables.

"Can't you loosen up?" I shot back. He shook his head.

"Ever since you started seeing that Goyle-"

"What, may I ask, is wrong with Gregory?"

"He's not good for you, Frecky. Look what he's doing to you."