I Mess Things Up Again

"Hello, Ellie!" Draco yelled. I stirred in my sleep, but didn't wake up.

"Draco, be quiet. She's sleeping." Vincent whispered, looking up from the comic book he was reading.

"Are you serious?"

"She needs her rest. Snape told me that her fever went down when we were at the Cup, but it went up two degrees last night."

"Where is Snape?" Draco asked. Vince put the comic down.

"He left to get Elle some soup..."

"Oh, well." Draco walked into the room, thoughtful. "I'm going to wake her up!" I rolled over and shivered.

"Please shut your mouth. And you aren't waking her up."

"Look here, Crabbe. I took time out of my busy day to see her, and I'm not going to sit here bored while she sleeps the day away!"

"If you were ill would you want someone waking you up?'

"It depends... is the person as amazing as I am?!"

"You're impossible." Vincent spat.

"I know...No one is more amazing then me!"

"Ugh. I can't believe you." Vince got up from his chair and slapped Draco's hand, which was right above me.

"Ow!"

"Leave her alone!"

"Who are you to tell me what to do?"

"Her best friend!"

"Yeah, well, I'm her boyfriend!"

"Yeah, a lousy one!" Draco gasped.

"That is not true! I am the best boyfriend in the world! "

"Huh?" I tiredly asked as I woke up.

"I'm sorry, Elle," Vince grabbed my hand. "I couldn't keep Draco quiet."

"Draco?" I asked, hopeful "Is Draco here?"

"Yes, I am!" He pushed Vince out of the way.

"Draco..." I grabbed his hand and coughed. He snarled his nose, drawing his hand back.

"Ew." He wiped his hand on my blanket. I frowned. Why did I always do stupid things like that? I could have held the cough back instead of coughing on him...

"I'm sorry."

"You have no reason to be sorry, Ellie." Vince went to the other side of the bed. Since I didn't want to touch Draco with my germy hands, I grabbed Vincent's. It was rough, but warm and comforting.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Nothing, I just..." I trailed off. What did I want?

"It's okay. I understand." He offered a warm grin. I weakly smiled back.

"When did you get this?" Draco asked, holding my arm nearest him in the air. He was squinting at the thin, beaded bracelet that was around my wrist. It was small with shimmering green and white, round beads.

"Vince gave it to me this morning."

"What?"

"I got it for her at the Cup."

"Oh yeah, I remember now." Draco shot Vincent a look that I couldn't really decipher.

"Hello, Draco." Uncle Severus said, surprising all of us. "Eleanor, you are awake? That wasn't long at all.... Did one of you wake her?"

"Yes, but-" Draco cut me off.

"I told Vincent not to, but he insisted."

"What!?" Vince exclaimed.

"See? He's so loud."

"I would never do that!"

"Is this true, Eleanor?" Uncle Severus put the bowl of soup on the bedside table.

"I-um..." Draco shot me a look that said 'don't rat me out'. I hesitated. I knew Draco had woken me up, but I really didn't care. Yes, I was tired, but his mere presence made up for it...But on the other hand, he was blaming Vince, and I didn't want to get him in trouble. He was my best friend, and best friend did not get each other in trouble, even if it's something that isn't that big of a deal. "I don't know."

"Very well." He looked at me questioningly, but didn't press on. "Hurry and eat."

"Okay." Since I had take the first dose of tonic I was starting to get my appetite back, so it wasn't as big as a hassle to eat. I picked up the bowl and started to slowly eat it until I started to shiver. My stomach felt as if it were tumbling around in my abdomen. I couldn't eat anymore.

Shakily, I tried to put the bowl back on the table, but I coughed and spilled it all over the side of the bed, and, most importantly, Draco.

"I'm sorry!" I quickly apologized. "Uncle Severus, can get you some napki-"

"Save it." He snapped and angrily marched out of the room.