Memories

Bright streams of morning light danced across my face and woke me up. It took a couple moments to remember everything that had happened the night before.

"Oh, really?" I could hear Auntie talking to someone from what sounded like the dining room. Who could be here this early in the morning?

I rose out of bed. In my full length mirror I could see that my hair was a mess and that I was still wearing The Jacket. I ran my hand across the bottom seam and proceeded towards Auntie's voice.

"Auntie, who are you-" I walked in to see Mr. Cornelius in his green hat. Beside him was a reluctant looking Rufus. "Oh."

"Good morning, Sarah Beth!" Mr. Cornelius greeted, cheerily.

"Good morning, Mr. Cornelius." I yawned. I could see Rufus pitifully looking at me out of the corner of my eye. I shot him an angry look and he looked away, sadly.

"What are doing here? Shouldn't you be at work?"

"We do not have to be there until 9 o'clock today. We were discussing matters concerning you." Auntie answered. I rubbed my eyes, trying to fully wake up.

"Um...what?"

"I was telling your aunt something Rufus told me last night..." Said Mr. Cornelius. I opened my eyes a big in confusion.

"Rufus told you...?"

Suddenly, it hit me: Rufus didn't only not understand, but he told Mr. Cornelius!

"You!" I pointed at Rufus, "You told him?!" I lunged, knocking him down.

I couldn't believe he would do that!

"Sarah Beth Rose Cumbelrand! You get off of him right now!" Auntie yelled.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU TOLD HIM!" I yelled and went to punch him, but before I could hit his face he blocked my fist with his hand.

"I didn't tell him who..." He whispered so only I could hear, "He doesn't know it's Goyle..."

"That doesn't change the fact that you told him! You're suppose to be my best friend!"

"Stop!" Aunie and Mr. Cornelius yelled.

"He deserves every big of this!" They were shocked as I pulled back to punch again, but before I could hurt Rufus, Mr. Cornelius came to his senses and grabbed my arm. "Hey! Let go of me!"

"Apologize!" He ordered and pulled me off of his nephew.

"I'm not apologizing! I did nothing I was sorry for!" I snapped.

"Silencio." My Auntie waved her wand and I suddenly was unable to speak.

"Dolores, I've changed my mind. I forbid you to persecute her over this. If who ever this boy is is this special to her, we shouldn't mettle." I thankfully looked up at Mr. Cornelius. Even if Rufus didn't understand, he did. "But," He continued, "These two are will apologize to each other."

I couldn't say anything due to my Auntie's spell, so I crossed my arms and shook my head no. Auntie rolled her eyes and waved her wand. Suddenly, I could speak.

"I'm not apologizing..."

"I've not a reason to apologize!" Rufus, who had been quiet up to that point, exclaimed. He sounded really offended. I flinched for a moment as his words hit me, but I quickly recovered. He had no reason to be angry. He was the one who betrayed me! He was the one blabbed! He was the one who hurt me! If anyone had the right to be angry, it was me! Which, I rightfully was.

"Oh, yes you both do! Now, we will sit you across from each other and you will sit until you apologize!" Mr. Cornelius grabbed two chairs and made them face each other. He motioned for me to sit.