Heart to Heart

Sarah Beth~

I did a double take. What had I just said? I read the bottom of the paper again, only this time in my mind. I said exactly what I had read... I snogged Nathaniel Drummond! Now everyone knew...including Gregory.

It seemed like the world had stopped as I looked at him. He look betrayed, depressed...broken. His eyes locked with mine, but for only a moment, and turned away. That was it. He confirmed it. It had to be over.

Hopeless, I dropped the paper. It fluttered to the floor. Suddenly, Draco broke the silence by loudly laughing. He was then joined by Pansy, who laughed louder then him. Soon, the whole Slytherin table was laughing, excluding Ellie and Crabbe.

I looked over at the other tables; they were all eyeing me evilly. It hurt most of all to see Cedric. He had so much Hufflepuff pride and I had stamped all over the Hufflepuff name. Not only that, but all over him.

I had called him a spare. Everyone calls Hufflepuff the 'spare' House, and that was the one thing that he couldn't stand.He looked really, really hurt. I had to get out of there.

Suddenly, I ran out of the room, everyone starring at me. I had to get as far away as possible, before the tears spilled over.

"Sarah Beth!" Someone called behind me.

"Go away!" I spat. "Just leave me alone!"

"Sarah Beth!" The person yelled. There was only person who's voice could be so soft but so powerful.

"Go away, Luna!" My voice cracked as a tear slid down my cheek. It was like Auntie had said, 'I must not cry in public'. I had to hurry and find a safe haven.

"You listen to me right now, Sarah Beth Cumberland!" She had caught up to me and put a hand on my shoulder. I whipped around, smacking her hand off.

"No, you listen to me Luna! I don't want you here! Go away! Just go away! No one wants you here!" My voice was strained with screams . She stumbled back, startled and wider eyed than usual.

"Oh, okay," She stuttered and slowly headed back in the other direction. I broke into a sprint, trying to find a place to barricade myself. The tears were coming in a steady flow now.

Finally, I found a deserted broom closet and leaned against the wall, letting my sobs completely break loose. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"Go away!" I shouted, trying to steady my voice. No one could see me so vulnerable.

"Frecky?" Except him.

"...Ruffie?"

"Yeah, let me in." I opened the door. He frowned at my tear stained face. I pulled him in and closed the door. "Who made you do that?" He demanded as I cried into him. "Was it that Goyle? I swear, Ill-" I lifted my head off his chest and pushed him away.

"It wasn't Gregory! I am the one that hurt him! If you blame one more bloody thing about Gregory-"

"Shh...." He pulled me back into him and gently started rubbing my back in small circles. "Calm down. I'm sorry, but if it wasn't him, who was it?" I shook my head no. "Frecky, I want to know who did this to you, because I know someone made you say those awful things."

"It doesn't matter." I looked up at him. "It's all my fault anyway."

"None of this can be your fault."

"I was the one who cheated on Gregory."

"You didn't cheat on anyone. You just kissed him-"

"When I was with Gregory! Besides, you probably d't need to worry about Gregory and I anymore anyway. He probably doesn't even want to talk to me anymore."

"What do you mean I don't have to worry?"

"You hate him! And don't act like you don't because it's obvious!"

"Even so,"

"Hum!" Someone coughed. We both turned to see Dumbledore standing in the doorway. I was still crying, so I had my face as Rufus's chest so he couldn't see. "Mr. Fudge, unless you want to loose House points, you should leave."

"Yes, sir," Rufus tried to pull away, but I wouldn't let go of him. "Frecky..."

"Ms. Cumberland, let go of Rufus. He can wait outside the door for you." Reluctantly, I let go, but covered my tear soaked face. Dumbledore stayed silent until Rufus left. "Before I say anything, I want you to know that I am not going to tell your Aunt. You are not crying. I am not seeing you cry and I never have. Do you understand?" He winked as his blue eyes twinkled. I removed my hands and nodded my head yes.

"What Draco did to you was not right."

"W-what?" I looked up at him.

"Blackmail is wrong."

"How did you know it was Malfoy?" I asked.

"Oh, a little birdy told me..." His eyes twinkled brightly.

"Who?"

"Someone you wouldn't have expected. I must say, I didn't. I don't think he wants anyone to know."

"Please tell me."

"You mustn't tell anyone, do you understand?"

"Yes." I wiped the remainder of my tears away. I could feel that my eyes were red and swollen.

"Vincent Crabbe."

"Crabbe!?" I exclaimed in disbelief.

"He told me after your, er...performance. He said he knew how it felt to be under Malfoy's grip, and that he has to do things all the time that he regrets. He didn't want to see you have the same fate, but it seems that Malfoy got board with you since he let out your secret."

"But Vincent's so mean..." I stated.

"Like everyone thinks you are?" I finally understood. Crabbe was only mean because Malfoy made him. It made me wonder if he was being blackmailed too.

"I never thought about Vincent not wanting to be a jerk... does Draco make him?"

"So it seems. But he said not to worry about him, just to help you and I'm going to respect his wishes.

"Why?"

"Because he feels nothing can be fixed with his situation. His damage has already been done."

"I want to thank him." I softly smiled, thinking about what he did for me.

"You can't personally thank him. If you did that it would risk Draco finding out what he did. I will thank him for you."

"But I still have a problem. Everyone hates me now."

"I could tell that those were not your own words, so will everyone else."

"But I still have-"

"Gregory?" He finished. "Explain to him what happened. I"m sure he will understand."

"I don't know if he'll forgive me..."

"If he loves you, he will understand." I thought about that, letting it sink in.

"Are you sure?"

"I know."

"And Cedric?" I asked.

"I imagine he's pretty hurt. You will have to work hard to earn his trust back. You said some pretty hurtful things."

"I had too..."

"I know, but it still hurt him."

"I have to go find him..."

"Go on," He opened the door up and smiled. I exited and was joined by Rufus.

"So it was Malfoy?" he asked.

"Were you eavesdropping?" I questioned, a little annoyed. If I wanted him to know I would have told him.

"Maybe a little," He laughed. .I sighed.

"I've hurt a lot of people, Ruffie.."

"But you'll be able to fix it." I grabbed his hand and gave it a squeeze.

"Thanks you, but I'm not so sure..."