I Overreact

"Oh! Look! There's Ursa Minor! Oh! And if you look to the right of that, you can see Ursa Major! And then there's-"

"Shut up, Ellie!" Draco interrupted me as I studied the night sky. We were both laying next to the lake with nothing better to do, so I thought that I would try to find the constellations and stars that had interested me during Astronomy class. "This is summer, not school! If I wanted to learn about the sky, I would have asked."

I went quiet. He was right. I shouldn't have been thinking about learning. I should have been relaxing. The only conflict was, I enjoyed studding the stars and it made me happy. Everything about it interested me. The sky is so mysterious...so...mind blowing. But if it didn't interest Draco, I wasn't going to go on about it and bore him to death.

"I'm sorry, Draco..."

"You should be." He sneered and sat up. "That's two things you've been sorry for today."

"I didn't mean to break your father's cane..."

"Yeah, but if you would have listened to me and went higher, you never would have fallen off."

"I tried to..."

"You didn't try hard enough. "

"I'm sorry."

"Well, if you listen to me next time, everything will go smoothly" I froze. Next time? He expected me to get on that broom a third time? Every time I have attempted to fly, it has ended in disaster. But Draco knew best, after all, he was a seeker.

"I will."

"Yeah, right." He looked over at me, "You never listen to anything anybody says." I blushed; that was very true. "At least you didn't fall in the lake this time."

"It probably wouldn't have been so bad in the summer." I confessed and closed my eyes. "At least it wouldn't have been frozen-AHH!"

Suddenly something was holding me up and then,

"Whoosh!" I was flying through the air!

"Ahh!!!...."

Splash

A second later I found myself treading water in the lake.

"So! Is it any better then it was at Christmas?" Draco laughed from the bank.

"I don't know! You tell me!"

"Hold on!" He started taking off his shirt. I lightly chuckled; his stomach was flat and pale with absolutely no indention of any abdominal muscles at all. "All right!" He jumped in and swam beside me. "I think it feels nice."

"Me too." I started to float on my back and look up at the sky again. The moon was hanging directly above us. There was a moment of silence and then Draco said,

"Hey, Elle..."

"Yes?"

"Hold your breath!" Before I had time to think, Draco pushed me under the water, and I was in no way ready.

I started struggling against him to try to get back up to the surface, but it was no use. He was too strong. As I jerked water flowed into my nostrils, chocking me. I started coughing, only to have more water overtake my air ways.

"-ACO!" He finally pulled me back up. "What....was...that...?" I questioned between wet coughs.

"I told you to hold your breath!" He defended.

"But you didn't give me time to do it!"

"That's your fault!"

"Yeah...sure..." I started to swim towards the banks, leaving Draco behind.

"What did I do?" He asked and started breast stroking his was towards me. I didn't answer. I was sure he could figure it out on his own. "Seriously!"

I rolled onto the bank and started ringing my hair out.

"Elle!" He got out and put his arms around me. " What did I do that has made you so mad?"

"Draco, please let go of me."

"Elle, I didn't-"

"Do you think of anyone besides yoursel-"

All of a sudden all I could feel was his lips against mine and his arms around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and kissed back. Suddenly, everything felt...right. What he did earlier didn't matter anymore. I knew it was an accident, he wouldn't hurt me on purpose. I was overreacting.

"What did I do?" He pulled away.

"Nothing..." I started running my fingers through his beautiful white-blonde hair. "I was just being foolish."

"You do that a lot." He stepped back from me, forcing me to let him out of my grip.

"I know."

"Lets go back inside. I'm cold." He grabbed my hand and together we went back into the Malfoy Manor.