I Kill Sirius Black!

When I got home from Sarah Beth's, Uncle Severus informed me that Draco had invited me to go with him to the Quidditch World Cup. I was so happy that nothing, not even my lessons, could bring me down...Well, until a week later (which was four days until the world cup).

"And then you add the-"

"Huh! Huh! Huh!" I coughed loudly.

"The root," Uncle Severus continues, "After you add the newts eye-"

"Huh! Huh! Huh!"

"Then, you stir to the left-"

"Huh! Huh!"

"Would you like a drink of water, Eleanor?" Uncle Severus asked from behind the Beginner's Potions book he was teaching from.

"No, I'm okay." I coughed again.

"Very well. Now you add the-"

"Huh! Huh!" I laid my head on the table. I was feeling extremely tired, despite the fact I had slept in that morning. And my head was throbbing. Uncle Severus was only making it worse...But I couldn't be sick. My soar throat, head and stomach pain, and shivering meant nothing.

"Pay attention, Eleanor." I lifted my head and propped it up with my hand. Then, I coughed again. Finally, he looked up from the book. "Are you feeling unwell?"

"Just a little...but I'll be fine." He raised an eyebrow but continued to teach.

"And finally you add the wolf-bane."

"...Yeah." I said, making it obvious that I was not paying attention.

"...Will you please put in the wolf-bane?" He ordered. I grabbed it off the table and threw it into the cauldron...

BOOM!

The whole thing went up in flames.

"That was gillyweed. I know that even you know the difference. You are very distracted today."

"Sorry." I laid my head on the table again and closed my eyes, for the fumes from the potions were making my nausea even worse. For a few minutes Uncle Severus didn't say anything. Finally, he spoke.

"Look at me, Eleanor." I sat back up. "Are you sure you feel well? You are very pale."

"I'm always pale." I reminded, annoyed. I knew he thought I was sick, but that was ridiculous. I was as fit as always.

"Don't back chat me. You are trembling."

"It's cold in here..."

"No it's not."

"Yes, it is." I turned my head.

"Don't argue with me." He warned. "You may be ill, but I will punish you if you give me a reason to."

"I'm not ill!" I began to cough. "Just...tired..."

"We will finish your lesson later." He closed the book. "Go lay down." I stared at him for a few seconds. Why couldn't he accept the fact that I was fine? "Do what I say, Eleanor."

"Fine." I stood up and realized that my legs were shaking. He watched me stumble as I left the room. I began to get light headed.

When I got to my bed I wrapped myself in my blanket and laid down. Just the short walk to my room left me exhausted. I didn't have a drop of energy left, but I was not sick.

...........................................

I was back at Hogwarts, roaming the hallways, alone. Every room, coridor, and hallway echoed with the sound of my footsteps. Every inch of the building was surounded in darkness. The faint streams of moonlight dancing through the window was the only light I had to allow me to see were I was going.

I turned and went into the pitch dark Great Hall. I could faintly see someone's silhouette at the other end of the room.

"Hello?" My voice cut through the silence and sounded strange against my ears. The figure didn't answer, so I took out my wand and lit up the end. I could see now that the figure was a man with long hair. His back was to me, so I couldn't see his face. I stepped forward. He did nothing. I stepped again...nothing. I lifted my foot, daring to step a third time. As soon as the bottom of my foot touched the ground, the figure whipped around to face me. Sirius Black was looking back at me, smiling a smirking grin.

"I've finally got you." He said with vicious joy. He took out his wand and used it to slam shut the door behind me. He raised it with anticipation.

"Avada Ke-" Before he could finish I pointed mine at him and shouted.

"Avada Kedevera!" His face morphed into a shocked one before he finally fell over. I let out a cold, happy cackle. I had killed Sirius Black!

"I'm impressed," I turned around, surprised to see my father behind me. "I didn't think you would have enough common sense to do it."

"Yes, Father." I looked him in the eye for what felt like the first time ever.

"You are starting you use your head. If you continue to use your magic in that fashion, you'll accomplish something in life."

I smiled. It did feel good to rid of Black...And when I used the Killing Curse, I felt powerful... I was invincible! Unstoppable! I had all the power I would ever need!

"But, that one act of greatness will not make me love you." He continued. "You have to earn my love."

"How?" I asked, my smile fading."

"Kill him." He simply stated.

"Who?" He shook his head as if to say 'stupid girl'. He pointed his wand a the double doors behind us. They opened and a limp, almost lifeless figure floated over to us. I gasped as I saw his white-blonde hair gleam in the light.

"Kill him." My father restated. I stayed silent... I couldn't do it. "Now..."

"I-" I looked at Draco's limp body. His chest was rising up and down, but barley...He was breathing none the less... Still alive. But my father wanted me to take that away. I could feel tears pricking behind my eyes, but I held them back. "I can't."

"Ha!" My father scoffed. "I knew you wouldn't be able to do it! Stupid girl! So vulnerable...Vulnerability is a weakness... Just like love. Love makes you vulnerable." He seemed to be getting angrier and angrier. "How could I? You are always doing things you shouldn't or are trying to annoy me! Like when you pound away on that stupid piano!"

"I don't even enjoy playing th-"

"DO NOT interrupt me! Why can't you just shut up and listen for once!?"

"I-"

"Save it! I'm going to finish what Black didn't!... Avada Kedavra!"