Scrofungulus

"I think she's coming around." Said a voice I didn't recognize. I barley opened my eyes. There was an older, light haired man standing over me. I was unsure of were I was. All the walls, along with the ceiling, were plain white. I was laying in a small bed with white sheets, under a thin, white blanket.

"Who?...Where am I?" I asked closing my eyes again. My head was pounding and my heart was racing.

"You're in St. Mungo's. I'm Healer Rhys."

What?" St. Mungo's? Why in the world was I in St. Mungo's? I mean, I knew I was sick, but I wasn't that sick, was I?

"Your uncle said that you fainted and had a pretty bad fall. Do you remember?" The healer's voice was calm and soothing, despite the fact that he was talking to me as if I were a child.

"Huh?" I couldn't recall, but he must have been telling the truth, because the back of my head felt bruised and tender.

"Do you remember fainting?" Healer Rhys patiently asked again.

"No." I coughed and tried to sit up. I immediately started to feel light headed.

"Do not try to sit up." He warned as I gladly laid back down.

"Where's my Uncle? I questioned while a shiver waved through my body.

"He was heading out the door to get you something to eat for when you woke up. Which reminds me, when he get s back it is important that you eat. You are under a strong case of Scrofungulus, which is very strange. We don't see many cases this time of year, and when we do, it's not that severe. In fact, we saw a case last week, another young girl, but she was not as ill as you are. Anyway, since the case is so severe, the tonic is ten times stronger then what we usually give...can it can not be given on an empty stomach. If it is, it will only make you more ill."

My stomach tumbled at the mentioning of food. I defiantly did not want to  eat. Just the thought made me want to puke.

"I know that you are not hungry." The healer continued. "That is one of the symptoms that come with Scrofungulus. Has she had anything to eat today?" He turned and ask. It took a couple moments to realize that he was talking to my uncle, who had come back into the room, unnoticed.

"The last time she has eaten was yesterday morning." Uncle Severus answered. I took this opportunity to close my eyes.

"Hmm, I see..." Rhys paused. "Well, I'll come back in an hour or so...Try to get her to eat." A silence set in. After a few minutes, Uncle Severus spoke.

"You have to eat, Eleanor."

"I'm not hungry." I opened my eyes back up to see that the Healer had left.

"I do not care. The only way for you to get well is for you to do what the Healers say, and they say to eat."

"Mmm..." I grunted and closed my eyes again. I wasn't going to do anything I didn't want to do. I was sick and tired and I was not going to deal with people. I would just ignore them... And on that note, I went to sleep.