Skippy

Sarah Beth~

"Cedric! Cedric! You did it!" I ran up to him and hugged him as he made his way with the other champions into the castle.

I was still trying to win his friendship back, so I thought that maybe showing him some affection might be the way to go. I didn't want to tell him that I was blackmailed, because that would just be embarrassing. I would just have to build out relationship back up.

"Yeah," He stiffened and continued walking. I followed him.

"I mean, 47 points! Now you and Harry are tied for first place." He remained silent, so I started talking again. "Look, I know I said some really mean things yesterday...I'm sorry. You're not a spare, and I love being a Hufflepuff!" He finally stopped walking and looked directly at me for the first time since yesterday.

"Then why did you say those things?"

"Um, a dare." I lied. He raised an eyebrow. "And I didn't read over the paper before I read it out loud."

"Sarah Beth..." He shook his head. "I'm sorry, but that just doesn't sound like you."

"I'm sorry..." I apologized. There really wasn't anything else to day.

"I know, but..." He trailed off.

"Go one in and get into some warm clothes, Cedric." Pomfry came out of nowhere. Cedric looked relieved.

"Bye." He turned and sprinted into the castle, Pomfry followed, leaving me standing alone.

I frowned. It was clear Cedric was still mad at me. He was only talking to me then because he was to nice to ignore me or snap back.

"Sarah Beth!" I heard someone call. Putting on a smile, I turned around.

"Gregory!" I happily jumped on him, wrapping my arms and legs around his body. We were both laughing.

"I was trying to find you. You just disappeared...It was like you Appareted or something!"

"You can't Apparate in Hogwarts, silly!" I playfully hit him on the shoulder as small flakes of snow started to fall from the sky. I started to walk towards the lake.

"Oh, really? I didn't know that."

"Yup." I sat down in the cold, wet grass, pulling the Gryffindor scarf I was wearing a little tighter around my neck. "Besides, you have to be seventeen." He sat down beside me.

"Well, your Aunt, and you're so close to the Minister..."

"Gregory!" I said, shocked. "Just because I have access to the Ministry doesn't mean that I get special treatment!"

Okay. I'll say, that was a lie. I get away with things all the time that any other kid wouldn't. But that wasn't the sort of thing that I was allowed to go around telling.

"Okay, then. Say why are you wearing a Gryffindor scarf? That's supporting the enemy!"

"It's Ruffus's. I forgot mine, so he let me wear his, and what do you mean the enemy?"

"Potter is a Gryffindor!"

"And...?"

"Potter cheated to get into the tournament!"

"How?" He went silent. Clearly, he was dumbfounded. "Exactly...what's this?!" I saw something slightly move on the grass. Looking closer, I saw that it was a small, half freezing frog. "Awl... look at the little fellow! We can't let him freeze out here! Pick him up, Gregory!" After all, I wasn't going to touch it.

"Um, okay!" He scooped the poor amphibian in his hand. It gave a couple half hearted hops and then stopped. Then, it let out a small, weak croak.

"Aww! Poor thing! We need to get him inside! I think he's sick! Let's get him inside! Come on!" I grabbed his free hand and pulled in along with me as I ran to the castle. "Wait!" I stopped half way across the grounds. "Mr. Hagrid can help him! He knows about animals!" I suddenly changed directions, still pulling Gregory along.