chapter 17

Hunter's pov:

*ding*

I looked down at my phone to see a message from Adeline. I unlocked my phone to see what she said.

"you lied to me"

I read.

Oh no.

She had to have found out.

"Mom I have to go," I said standing going to the hotel door.

"Where?" She ask.

"The hospital it's an emergency," I say.

"Your not going anywhere. Do you not see the time?" I glance at the clock. It was 9:34 pm.

I glance at my mom then back at the clock.

"I'm sorry mom I have to go," and with that I opened up the door and ran down the hall before she could get a single word out.

-------------------

I made it to the hospital within 10 mins and it usually takes me 20.

I ran past the front office all the way up to Adeline's room in the 29 floor.

I sprinted down the hall into her room where she was laying on her bed. Her face was swollen from tears.

"Adeline..." I say out of breath.

She looks up at me. She kills me with those eyes. And she still looked perfect even with her swollen eyes.

"... why..." is all she ask. I can hear the pain in her voice.

"I-..." I begin but she interrupts. Adeline stands up from her bed raged with anger.

"You lied to me! You made promises to me just so you could watch me fall apart while you rubbed it in my face with your paycheck!"

She was screaming at me with all she had. I back away slightly but all I wanted to do was fall apart and explain.

"You told me that I meant something to you!" She screamed.

"It's because you do," I quietly say.

"I read the emails Hunter! I saw everything! I know that this whole time you pretended to love me just so you could get my moms money!!!!" She was infuriated with so much anger.

"I wasn't pretending! I really did feel something Adeline! Can't you see! I fell and still am falling in love with you! It's killing me to see that I did this to you!!" I started to cry. I normally don't cry in front of people but I couldn't help it.

I was the reason for Adeline's pain.

She started at me with hard, cold eyes.

"At first it was all just for a show but I did fall in love with you. Every word I said on that rooftop, I meant."

"No you didn't," she cries. "You said you cared for me and if you really did you wouldn't have let this happen," Adeline was sobbing again.

"I didn't know how to tell you! I didn't want to ruin everything!!" I screamed back at her.

"You already did." She looked at me with her puffy face and eyes filled with tears.

"P-please believe me," I cried.

I place my hand on her check she doesn't resist.

"I hate you," she says. "I hate how all I think ab is you 24/7, I hate how your eyes make me want u more then I already do, I hate how you drive me completely insane, I hate how you make me feel how I always hate you but love you at the same time. God, I just hate you but I can't just not love you because that would be worst then the hell your putting me through right now."

I love her too much to let her go. I feel the same way she does. I don't care if this was for show because it turned out to be something real for the both of us.

I step closer and so does she. We don't want a make out session, I just want her and she just wants me. We don't want to let go.

"I forgive you," she says.

"I'm still keeping my promise," I say.

She lets go of the hug and wipes her face with the sleeve of her sweater and smiles.

"I love you Hunter Bryce Rowland," she says.

I hear a knock on the door and step away to open it. Once I open the door I immediately want shut it. There at the door stood Ms. Smith.

~~~~~~~~~~~

comment and vote 🌸