chapter 2

(Adeline's p.o.v)
After the doctor spoke to my mom the unexpected happened. My breathing rate went up to 10%. That's still not good but I was getting better. It was making my mom feel better and a bit more hopeful. As the days dragged on my breathing rate got back up to 20% and then my body had enough oxygen to wake up from my sleep. I blinked and looked around the room. I still felt tired but also weak. The machine next to me started beeping. "Mom?" I saw my mom get up from her chair out of the corner of my eye . "Hey sweetie, how u feeling?" "Hungry," "ok I'll go get a nurse and maybe a smoothie?" She smiled and I nodded and she walked away. I looked around the hospital room. I noticed my breathing was slow but I was pretty used to it by now. I sat up and noticed something hard under my pillow. I slid my hand up under there and felt my phone. I grabbed my phone and put in my passcode. I saw a couple of text from friends asking how I was doing. I texted my best friend Olivia.
Me: hey
Olivia: OMG HI UR NOT DEAD
Me: lol no
Olivia: ur mom has been texting me. she said ur oxygen level got down to 2%
Me: it did?
Olivia: yeah the doctors were getting really worried but they didn't know what was going on with u
Me: oh
Olivia: how r u?
Me: I just woke up and my mom went to go get a nurse and me a smoothie
Olivia: I want to come see u!
Me: then come see me!
Olivia: ok I'll ask ur mom
Me: lol ok
Olivia: ily!!!
Me: Ilyt I'm gonna go I'm so tired
Olivia: ok bye
I turned off my phone and sat it down. My mom walked in with a smoothie and a nurse with a doctor following behind. "Hello Adeline," "hi" "ur very lucky to be alive u know that right?" I nodded "so we're going to give u some medicine and keep u on it and we're hoping it'll work to make you stronger and keep fluid out of ur lungs." I nodded. They gave me probably 20 different shots all over my chest and arms and legs and changed my fluid bag. "Ok we'll check on u in a few hours" I nodded. "Here's your smoothie sweetie," "thanks mom" I sipped the strawberry flavor smoothie. "Is it good?" I nodded. "Oh honey I was so worried ab u." "I'm fine mom," she started crying. I picked back up my phone and started going through Instagram. I remembered I was reading a fan fic ab Magcon so I went back to reading it until i fell asleep.

__________

I'm sorry if this is boring 😁 but chapters 3 & 4 will get better!
Thanks 🌸