chapter 4

(Adeline's p.o.v)
A nurse came in and undid my ivs and all the machines I was hooked up to. She unhooked me from my oxygen tank and I was starting to lose air and she hurried up and hooked me up to my portable oxygen tank. I took some deep breaths taking in all the oxygen feeling more relaxed. "Are you ok?" The nurse asked. I nodded. "Are you sure u still want to do this?" I nodded. I stood up and tried to take a step but I was really wobbley so she grabbed my arms and helped me to the wheelchair. I was ready to take on the world in this wheelchair. She wheeled me out of the room and down the hall. We went past all kinds of rooms. It felt nice to be out of my room but what I really wanted was to be out of the hospital. She kept wheeling me up and down the halls until she stopped. "Do u want to try to walk?" I nodded. She helped me while holding my oxygen tank for me. "Ok take one step with one foot then take a step with the other." I did as she said. She was holding on to my arm the whole time. "That's right now keep doing it," I kept walking and walking until she let go of me and I was walking on my own. I started smiling. I kept on walking down the hall until I heard the nurse said, "ok sweetie now come back," I turned around and saw my mom and a bunch of nurses clapping and whistling for me. I smiled. My mom was crying of course. I just kept smiling waking back to the wheelchair. "Do u want to sit or walk back to ur room?" "I wanna walk back," I waked back to my room and lied in the bed. The nurse took off my oxygen tank and hooked me up to a different one and placed back my Iv in my arm and gave me some shots. I was so tired and fell asleep before my mom came back into the room.

Next Day

I walked some more the next day. I walked down the hallway and back and then the nurse asked if I wanted to go to the elevator and to the second floor to see the newborns. I smiled widely and said yes. The elevator ride made me feel nauseous and when the nurse asked if I was ok I smiled and said "yeah, just haven't rode in a elevator for a while," the elevator stopped on the 3rd floor to pick someone up. The people walked in and it the lobby button. It was a little girl and her dad. She kept looking at me with my oxygen tank. I smiled back at her. She looked about 5 or 6.

When the elevator stopped on the second floor the nurse stopped and asked me "ok you ready?" I nodded we walked out of the elevator and around the corner and then there was the newborns. The elevator closed behind us and the father and daughter went down to the lobby.  The newborns were all so tiny and in tiny little beds with tiny little diapers and tiny little hats and tiny little socks and tiny little everything. "They're so cute" I said. You see that one over there on the far left?" I nodded. "Ok, she's hooked up to a oxygen tank too," I looked at the nurse. "I work with the newborns at night and I always have to take care of that little baby. He's a stinker I'll tell you that. His name is Toby. He's having the same problem your having. Now, you have to get better for little Toby. Toby's body is starting to give up and I think you can help him by you getting better," I looked at the nurse. Had she lost her mind? It's not like I can tell my body poof be better. At this rate I'll probably be living in the hospital until I'm 90. "I'm sorry but I don't think me getting better will help a baby," The nurse shook her head. "You're gonna get better and when you're better you're going to come back and see Toby and tell him to get better, you understand?" I nodded my head. "Ok let's get you back to your room."

________

next chapter will get more exciting 😉