chapter 8

"so basically I have 4 weeks left to live?" I asked. It was 2 days later after the doctor first told me ab my surgery and now another nurse was explaining it to me.

"Not exactly," she said.

"What do you mean not exactly?" I asked. This was really making me mad. No one would answer my questions with a straight answer.

"All I'm saying is that some lung transplants are good outcomes and some," she hesitated "not so much," I gripped the hospital sheet harder.

"So I may die during surgery?" I asked.

"All should go well Adeline, you just need to sit back and rest," the nurse said smoothing down my hair.

"Now, how are you doing?" She asked pressing buttons on my machine. I laid back and looked at the ceiling.

"Ok I guess," I sighed.

"Are you still upset ab not getting to go to Magcon?" She asked.

"I'll be upset ab it for the rest of my life," I said.

"Ahh you'll be just fine," she said.

This nurse was my favorite. She was like my hospital mom . She was the nurse who took me to see little Toby and told me to keep fighting for him.

Her name was Rhonda. She had dark skin and short black hair and she always wore purple.

"Do u need to use the bathroom? Cause I can unhook you right now," Wilona asked.

"Sure," I said. She unhooked me from all the millions of machines I was hooked up to.

I got up and walked into the bathroom, turned on the light and looked into the mirror. I usually never look into the mirror at myself but for some reason I did this time.

I had long brown hair that was naturally curly. I had dark brown eyes that have gotten much darker since I've been here. Probably because I've been technically sick. I had dark circles under my eyes from where I haven't slept good. My skin was pale. Usually it's tan but it isn't anymore. My face has became more narrow and pointed.

I looked down at my waist and saw how much thinner I've gotten. It was the first time I've noticed.

•••••••••••••••
I woke up to my mom shaking me. "Honey I have great news," she said.

I rubbed my eyes and stretched my arms.
"What mom?" I asked annoyed. It was 6 in the morning and I didn't want to be woken up because I'm lazy and like to sleep.

"I stayed up all night on the phone with the Make A Wish Foundation and I got u a free wish!"  She was very excited you could hear it in her voice. I didn't quite hear what she said bc I was still half asleep so I rolled over and mumbled, "That's cool,"

"Aren't you excited?" She asked. I nodded and fell back asleep.

••••••••••••
I woke up a few hours later to a nurse changing my IV. I didn't really remember what happened this morning. Something ab a wish or some foundation. Idk.

The nurse finished up and my mom came over to me. "Hey sweetheart," she said.

"Hi," I said. "What was it that u woke me up ab this morning?" I asked.

"I got you a wish from the Make a Wish Foundation!" Oh so I really am going to die. People get wishes so that they can do the one thing they've always wanted before they die.

"That's awesome," I said has excited as I could. I can't go see Magcon so basically this wish is pointless. I can't do anything so there's no point.

"Aren't you excited?" My mom asked as her smile turned into a frown.

"Yeah I'm just tired," I said.

"Ok baby," she said and went back to the window. I grabbed my phone and scrolled through Instagram and started thinking.

How could I use this wish before I die? I can't leave the hospital and I can't go see Magcon.

I continued to scroll through Instagram. I saw a bunch of Taylor swift photos from fan accounts when I went threw my TSwift phase a couple of years ago. I saw a pic of Taylor Swift with a fan in the hospital.

and then it hit me

and then it hit me.

••••••••••••
this chapter probably sucked 😁 also all the make a wish stuff idk if that's how it works I just made it up and I don't know anything ab it its all just fiction! Thanks 🌸