chapter 16

Adeline's pov

1 week before surgery.

after our kiss Hunter and I were inseparable. we spent every second we could in the hospital.

his mom was staying at a hotel a couple of blocks away and for all she knew, she thought he was just meeting fans all day. All day he would stay with me and at night he would go back to his hotel and it would just start all over again.

My mom has been working on some online business thing all day so she's been in the cafe trying to get "peace and quiet".

Hunter and I just walk around the hospital and explore. I showed him the newborns and he absolutely loved them.

"I want a big family one day," he said. I just nodded.

"What ab you?" He asks.

"I don't look that far ahead, I try to think ab what's going on rn," I say.

"You've got a big life ahead of you Adeline," he says looking over at me.

"Probably not," I shrug off.

"What do you mean?" He ask. Concern ringing in his voice.

"I have my surgery coming up in a week, doctors don't know if I'll survive or not,"

"Look at me," he says.

I look up into his stunning eyes. I forget to breath for half a second.

"Adeline, you are the strongest person I've ever met," I give him a questioning look.

"As soon as I met you and saw your condition I instantly saw how strong you were. You have made it so so far, don't give up. Your gonna grow up, have a life, and a family. Don't give up."

Tears start to form in my eyes. Before I can let them fall I pull him closer to me and our lips connect.

________________

We're back in my hospital room. Hunter is laying with me in my bed. I rest my head on his chest while he lays his hand on my lower back.

"I'm going to come to the hospital on the day of your surgery,"

"You don't have to," I say

"I want to," he answers back.

The tv is playing in the background and he's running his hand up and down my back making me feel relaxed.

I slowly start to fall asleep and i don't remember anything after wards.

~~~~~~~~~

when I wake up Hunter isn't there which scares me at first but I quickly notice a note beside the bed:

hey beautiful!
    I'm sorry I had to leave but I'll see you soon! Don't forget to stay strong!
                                                  xoxo,
                                                 Hunter

I smile. No words can describe the way this boy makes me feel.

I grab my laptop at the end of the bed. It's dead, great.

I notice my mom isn't in the room bud her laptop is. I go over to her desk and grab it.

When I open it up there's all kinds of tabs opened up and theres over 600 emails unread. How does she have that many emails unread?

I open up her emails and see all kinds of bills she needs to pay and countless emails from the hospital. I keep scrolling through until I see one from Christine Rowland. I open it up.

Dear Ms. Smith,
       Thank you for your service with Hunter. He has enjoyed coming to see Adeline. If you would like him to come anymore that will be an additional charge. Thank you!- Christine Rowland.

what?!

I scroll back some more until I find the original email from my mom.

Hi Ms. Rowland,
   After Adeline's visit with Magcon she misses them dearly. You are the first email I found and I was wondering if Hunter could come see Adeline. I will pay him just to follow her around the hospital and keep her busy and maybe he could pretend to like her so that way it would keep Adeline busy up until her surgery. I will pay him to come see her and he'll get extra if they have a thing together. Thank you so much!!

I couldn't believe what I just read. I picked up my phone and texted Hunter:

you lied to me

------------------

comment and vote please!! 🌸