Chapter 19: Wait what

So finals is this week..... help me! Anywho. Since finals is this week, I might not be on as much because I will be studying hardcore. So please forgive me, but I won't be updating as much this week. :( sorry Faithful Shifters!

Anyway! So the concert was AMAZING! I saw Austin Mahone, Jason Derulo, Ariana Grande, Nick and Joe Jonas, Emblem 3, Avicii, Armin Van Burin, Midnight Rose, but sadly Pitbull couldn't make it because the New York airport got closed because they had a really bad snowstorm. I was so excited!!! :.........(

Unedited. Have to go to sleep, but wanted to update before I went to bed. And I'm sorry because it's like super short!! I'm really sorry!!!!!!!!
--------------
Avery

I walked with the doctor into Ashe's room.

I was glad only one person could be there at a time because Jake looked in between upset and confused, Liam and the other guys didn't really say or do anything, and David...David looked just plain confused.

He was so fidgety while we were waiting, and I didn't know what as a going on through that thick skull of his.

"Hey Ashe." I said closing the door and taking a seat next to her.

"Hey." She smiled.

I took a good look at her and broke down crying.

"I'm so sorry!" I cried out resting my head on our intwined hands.

She slowly sat up and stroked my hairs.

"Why are you crying? And what are you sorry for?"

"You were caught. I promised you I wouldn't let anyone hurt you or see you. And here you are laying in a damn hospital bed because you got hurt. And I didn't make it on time!" I cried harder.

"Avery." She said pushing my head up.

I looked up at her and she wiped my tears away.

"It's okay. Shit happened." She laughed and shrugged. "You couldn't so anything about it. Hell, you stopped them from doing anything else. Who knows what would have happened it to me if you weren't there."

I sniffed. "But still-"

"Avery." Ashe said sternly. "It doesn't matter. All that matters is that I'm still alive." She smiled.

I was about to say something, but before I could, the room door burst open and there stood David with glowing brown eyes.

He growled and stalked over to us.

I jumped up from my seat and growled. "Back off." I said in my Luna voice.

"Mate!" He said.

I calmed down and smiled.

I stepped aside and watched as David gave me a thankful smile and walked up to Ashe.

But Ashe had different ideas.

She pulled the cover up to her body and whimpered as she back up into the headboard of the bed.

David stopped walking and stared at her in confusion.

"But. I'm your mate." David started of confused. "I won't hurt you." He smiled and took another step, but stopped once he heard Ashe whimper.

I rushed over to her side.

"Ashe." I smiled. "He won't hurt you. He's your mate."

"Ashe." David said trying it off on his tongue. "I like it. It's so cool and unique."

Ashe didn't say anything but squeezed into my side hiding her face.

"He won't hurt you." I said looking at her.

She sat there a staring at me with fear in her eyes and her entire body shook.

"Listen. I'll be right back." I told her and quickly get off the bed.

I grabbed David's hand and brought him back into the waiting room.

"What's going on?" Jake's alpha voice boomed at me.

I raised and eyebrow at him. "Don't use that tone with me."

He glowed but I ignored him and turned back towards David.

"Why is she scared of me?" He asked hurt.

"Listen. Ashe has had a very hard week."

"What do you mean?" David asked.

"A couple days ago, Ashe's pack was attacked by rogues. It was a small pack San tent managed to kill their alpha. And once the alpha got killed, the entire pack just gave up. Ashe's dad was the beta and they somehow managed to escape. I don't know how." I said before David could ask anything. "All I know is that Ashe and her dad got out, but they were ambushed. They got split up and Ashe ended up on our territory."

"Oh my poor little mate." David said heartbroken.

"Oh come on!" Liam groaned throwing his hand air in the air. "He got his mate before I did."

"Well my mate is laying in a hospital bed." He growled.

"Calm down." I said placing a hand on hai shoulder. "So with this is mind." I paused and looked at them. "No one is too go near-"

David cut me off by growling. "Wait what?! She is my mate. I deserve to be with her!"

"Don't growl at me." I said glaring at him. "If you would let me finish." I said.

"Sorry." He apologized looking at the ground.

"We can visit her when she gets more comfortable around people. She isn't completely stable to be around anyone, especially a guy. She needs to get more healthy and get her strength back. But with this being said, when she does get her strength back, don't expect her to come crawling into your arms David. You have to earn her trust and make her see that will will be safe if she is with you."

He sighed but nodded.

"Looks like we have a new pack member." Jake said out of the blue running a hand through his hair.

"Thankyou!" David screamed and jumped into his arms.

"Easy there tiger." Jake laughed.

"Actually. I'm a wolf." David said smiling in victory.
------------
Again. Sorry it's super short!!!! So tired lol.

Had to wake up really early this morning to get back home and I have school tomorrow. Finals week :( Ahhh! Help me!!!

Love you all Faithful Shifters :)

S.W.