Chapter 17: Hiding Ashe

My brother just got killed by a werebear in Skyrim!!!! Hahaha!!!!!

----------------

Avery

We managed to get out of the woods and are cautiously making our way up to the pack house.

"Wait." I said stopping.

"What?" Ashe asked scared.

"We need to finish a new place to hide you until I can talk to Jake. I can't bring you to the pack house. Pretty much everyone lives there." I slapped my forehead and groaned.

How did I not think of that?

"Okay. Umm. Avery it's fine. Just let me go back and I can a stay in the woods."

I shook my head at her. "If we do that, then you could get killed. Jake is doubling the patrol because we had over 50 rogues attack us here before and the ones that earlier."

She looked confused. "Earlier?"

I nodded. "I was with Cory and Blake and all of the sudden they smelt rogues and told me to run. Then that's when I tripped over you."

When I finished talking, Ashe's eyes went wide. "Oh no. That was them."

I was about to answer, but I smelt the presence of another wolf.

I growled and stood in front of Ashe and turned to face whoever was there.

I stopped growling when I saw one of the elders.

"Elder Mary." I smiled.

When I was meeting everyone in the pack, her and I clicked instantly.

"I am hurt Avery. You growled at me." She said fake gasping.

I laughed and ran to give her a hug. "Sorry. I didn't know it was you."

"So who's this?" She asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Uh. This is Ashe." I said nervously.

"A rogue?" She asked turning to face me. I gulped and nodded. "Are you trying to save her?"

"Yes." My voice was small.

Mary surprised me by bringing me I to a hug. "You are making a damn good Luna." She told me letting me go. "Barely any werewolves these days would bring a rogue in their territory without further inspection. I am so proud of you."

I smiled widely at her. "Thank you Mary. But I have to find a place for her to stay. I can't keep her at the pack house until I can get Jake to agree to this."

She looked at Ashe for a second and Ashe stepped back in fear. Then Mary turned to me with a bright smile.

"She can stay with me and Allan."

I looked at her wide eyes. "Are you sure?"

She nodded. "Of course. I'm sure you had a reason to bring Ashe here. And I trust you."

"I don't really have a reason. It's more like a gut feeling. Something inside of just told me to keep her safe. I don't know why, but something was drawing me towards her. I couldn't just leave her out there. And the feeling was really strong."

Mary let what I said sink in before she spoke. "Well, that's quite interesting." I nodded. "Let's go to my house and get you settled in dear."

.

.

.

.

.