Chapter seventeen

Hey my lovelies! Guess what time it is?... ADVENTURE TIME! haha just kidding its... Update time!! I hope you guys liked my pervious chapter! but guess what it is chapter seventeen time! so start reading! -Jay

Chapter 17

Lex p.o.v.

When my mate rejected me I went to my room right away because I didn’t want my pack seeing me cry. It shows weakness in front of the pack. When I got to my room Cam wouldn’t stop bothering me, but then I see why she is worried. Moments later there came a banging on the door. “Lex, sweetie you need to let me in.” said Tanner with a calm voice. At the moment I was in my bedroom with tears on my face while sitting on my bed. “Hold on.” I said quietly. When I got to the door I was nervous about opening the door. Afraid of how he would react, knowing the protective cousin/best friend he will probably be upset. When I finally opened the door it seemed like he rushed into the room. When he was in the room I slammed the door shut knowing that Cam was there. I don’t mean for it to be mean or rude, it’s just things are starting to get a little out of hand. All of the things actions are started to catch up to me and it is putting a lot of stress and weight on my shoulders. When I let Tanner in he said right away “What happened? Are you okay?” “How about I just show you.” I whisper. I showed him my memory from what happened with my mate through mindlink. When I was done I sat on my bed and was ready to crack. “Oh my goodness. Why did he think you look weak?!” Tanner screamed about to go out of my room. “Tanner don’t. It is fine, If he didn’t like me I will just have to deal with it. As the quote says ‘if you love them let them go, and if they come back then you know it’s meant to be.’” I said to Tanner with a calm voice but with silent tears going down my cheeks. “Oh, shhhh. It’s okay everything is going to be okay. You have the pack and your family. That is all you really need.” Tanner said while bringing me into a bone crushing hug. When he pulled away he said “How about we watch a movie with the pack, then if you are into it we have the meeting.” “Okay.” I said putting a faint smile on. I guess I was going to be happy without peter, but I would never be whole. When we went down stairs, most of the pack members just thought I just broke from a stress build-up. Psh. If only they knew. “How about we watch a movie then after the movie we have a meeting?” I asked the crowd with a smile. Once everyone was settled in the living room, I went to the kitchen with Ashton, Jamie, Cam, and Tanner to get popcorn. Even though I wasn’t a big fan on popcorn. Ashton and Cam walked in front while Tanner walked in the middle leaving me and Jamie in the back. “So how are you doing?” Jamie asked quietly while looking into my eyes with sympathy. “I am fine, I will live.” I said with a sad smile. And with that we walked to the kitchen in silent. When we entered the kitchen I saw Cam on the counter with Ashton holding her legs so she wouldn’t fall, while Tanner was just standing there giving instructions. “No you are missing it. Move your hand over to the right.” Tanner said while using hand motions. “What are you doing?” I asked while laughing. “Well Cam is trying to get the popcorn box way up there. By the way, what in the world is that box doing all the way up there?!” Ashton said while looking at me with a questioning look. “Don’t ask me I think my mom did that.” I said while putting my hands up in surrender. When they finally got the box done they started to cook the popcorn. Just then my vision blurred and a sudden sharp-like pain stabbed me in the chest. I clutched my chest and was taking short breaths. Ashton was the first to see this, “Oh my goddess what the hell is happening?!” he said while rushing over to me. I was now on the floor crying, while holding my chest. “H-help.” I screamed while now sobbing my eyes out. Jamie jumped into action and picked me up and rushed me out of the kitchen. “DOCTOR MAY COME WITH US!” Jamie screamed while carrying me to the infirmary. When we were at the infirmary Tanner, Jamie, Cam, and Ashton screamed “WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?!” “I don’t know did she find her mate when you guys left to patrol? Alpha are you feeling a very sharp stab like pain in your chest?” she asked me. I nodded my head, the pain increasing in my chest. Which earned a scream from me. “Her mate is either injured or dying. The reason she can feel his pain is because they are both alphas. Am I correct your mate is an Alpha?” she once again asked me. Which I once again nodded my head. “Sparrow what the heck is happening?” I asked her with a whimper on the end of my sentence. “I don’t know I am trying to reach out to him but he is ignoring our calls. I think something is wrong, I-I think h-he is d-d-dying.” she said with her voice shaking during the whole sentence. The pain started to increase so bad that I let darkness take over.