Chapter 23

hello my lovelies I just wanted to say happy late Valentine's day! I love you guys so much, it means so much and its crazy that my book got over a thousand readers. I just want to thank you guys so much. well here is chapter 23 for ya! hope you like it! -Jay

Chapter 23

Jered p.o.v.

I was starting to get frustrated. We did a patrol many times trying to find a scent, a trail of paw prints, anything to help find my sister. I went back to my office, looking at papers, maps of the area, even calling nearby packs to keep a look out. I was at the moment looking at the area map with Lex and Jamie sitting on the couch nearby looking at papers of recent rouge attacks. I groaned in frustration and grabbed anything close by, which happen to be a lamp, and threw it to the closest wall. When it smashed Lex jumped a bit out of being startled, and Jamie’s head snapped up to see I was pacing. “Care to explain why throwing a lamp past my head will help your frustration?” Lex said a bit upset and concerned at the same time. “You almost hit Lex?!” Jamie said and was at Lex’s side immediately. I saw her give a look as in ‘calm down, I am fine’ type of look. When that didn’t worked she grabbed his arm and turned him around to face her. She then gave him another look that said ‘stop it’, and while they were having a little moment I was freaking out. My older brother protective side coming out, “What if they are hurting her or...” “Stop! Don’t think that, I bet she is beating anyone that got close to her. She will be okay I promise.” Said Lex with a look of determination. “Try mind linking her, you haven’t tried that yet did you?” she asked. I mentally face palmed myself, how can I be so stupid I thought to myself. “Amanda?! Please tell me you okay? Are you injured, do you know where you at?” I started asking her multiple questions. After a moment I was starting to lose faith, when I heard “God damn it, not so many questions please, I already have a headache.” Said my sister in annoyance. “Oh my goodness. Are you okay?!” I asked right away after hearing her voice. “Yes just a head injury, Jared I am scared, and I smell rouges everywhere. I can also smell-..” she stopped in the middle of her sentence and I thought something bad happened so I said “What’s going on?!” afraid they might be hurting her. “Oh for goodness sakes calm down, I was trying to get a sniff of my surroundings.” I let out a breathe I didn’t know I was holding. Lex and Jamie were looking at me with concern and worriedness, and I just gave them the hold on finger. “I smell something like a waterfall, and mud lots of it. Along with flowers, so I am guess I am by a waterfall that doesn’t have a lake under it so that why there is mud. And a meadow somewhere near, I also smell something familiar… coal. I am in the coal mine near a meadow. They have me blindfolded, oh my god they are coming. Jered I smell sliver, please come, and hurry I am scared.” “I know where she is at! Can you and your warriors help me?!” I asked looking at Lex. Lex then got an evil smirk and said “lets go kick some rouges’ butt, and get Amanda back.”  

We surrounded the place and had almost 50 warriors there, we were also hiding behind the trees waiting for the rouges to come out. Most of us were still in human form and if we were in wolf form most of us hide our scent so they couldn’t smell us. Lex, Jamie, Cam, and Tanner were by my side as well with John and Adam. “Lets kick some ass now, but only when they come out. Lex, Jamie, and I will go in and look for Amanda. Tanner, John and Adam will cover our backs, while the others will stay safe and protect each other’s backs.” I said to the people staying by me, who then mind linked the others the plan. I had to save my baby sister, I just had to.

Rouges started to come out, and that’s when only I stepped out and I was in human form. They growled and started shifted but that’s when Lex and Jamie popped out in their wolf form. They stood by my side and when the rouges saw Lex they got intimated and unsure what to do. Then one of the rouges, who must have been brave, advanced to Lex, only to get a really loud growl from Lex in return. He backed off at first but then he started to advance again, and when he was a couple of feet away from Lex Jamie stepped in front of her. The rouge kept coming and when he got close to Jamie, all Jamie did was break his neck. Just then more and more rouges came out ready to attack, but that’s when our power outnumbered them. All of Lex and I’s warriors came out of the forest and advanced. I shifted and used my extremely good nose, and smelt the air. I got Amanda’s scent right away, and that’s when I ran towards it.