Chapter 21

Oh my gosh guys I am so sorry that I haven't updated in forrrrrreeevvverrr but I had a whole bunch of things to do. Like exams/tests, homework, and music homework that I wasn't able to update. but I am back and I am planning on a day of when I could update, like Fridays or something but I am not sure yet. but anyways my lovelies I hope you are having an awesome day/night or however your life style is but any who.. here is chapter 21 I hope you like it! -Jay

Chapter 21

Lex p.o.v.

Ever since the rouge came on our territory we have been training nonstop, we have kept the women and children close to the house, and Alpha Jered and I have been working on battle strategies. I don’t think I have gotten that much sleep, maybe just naps. I have been stressed out worrying about the protection of my family and friends. At the moment it was night and I was sleeping. Hinting ‘was’ sleeping. I woke up just around half an hour ago, worrying and stressed. So I decided that I would go to my office and look at the map with red marks over it. Thinking of ways to maybe ambush or surround rouges, if a battle was going to happen which one will probably happen. It was around midnight and I was still in my office looking at the dang map. I decided that looking and thinking were just going to stress me out more, so I went on a quick run. When I got outside I shifted and stretched, once I was done I did what every wolf loved to do. Run. I stayed close to the house, only running along the edge of the forest where I could still see the house. “It is nice running, it is relieving to fell the wind in our fur.” Said Sparrow with a purr. One the fifth lap around the house I heard a twig snap behind me. I turned around fast and growled, giving the person or thing a type of growl saying ‘don’t mess with me or I will bite your head off.’ When I turned around I saw it was Cam and Kris, both in wolf form. “Hey sis, care if we join you?” said Cam with a soft and kind voice through mind link. “I don’t mind at all, I could use some company.” I said to them with a wolf smile. After running a couple of more laps, we decided to go inside.

Laughing. Something I haven’t done in the past few days, was laughing. At the moment I was sitting on the couch talking with Cam and Kris. I am surprised we didn’t wake anybody up with our laughing, but there we were laughing like we didn’t have a care in the world. At the moment we were talking about old times and all the pranks we played on each other, when someone started walking down the stairs. “I knew I heard my kids’ laughing.” said my mom shaking her head side to side. “Haha sorry mom we just got caught up in the moment and the laughing we didn’t think about how loud we were.” Cam said still laughing at something she said just moments ago. “Its fine, I am happy that you guys aren’t all seriousness and not laughing. Unlike your sister who has been acting like that lately.” She said while looking at me. “I am sorry it’s just I am was worried and stressed for the pack. I still am just not as much.” I said with a small smile. “I know you have, but you can’t stress yourself it’s bad for your health.” My mother said before we busted out laughing again, my mom started laughing with us and also smiling. Probably glad that she got us laughing at comment that it’s bad for our health. “Ugh I am tired, thanks you guys for this. You guys, I guess you could say that you healed me with your funniness. But I am really tired so I see you guys in the morning.” I said rubbing my eyes. My back was facing the stairs while I was looking at the girls in front of me. They both had smiles on their faces and looking at something behind me. Just then that something rapped their protective arms around my waist from behind, sending sparks throughout my body. “You should laugh more often because your laugh is like music to my ears, your laugh is beautiful just like you.” Said a raspy voice in my ears. I turned my head a little and said “stop kissing up to me, I am already yours.” Then I gently kissed his cheek. “I love you.” He said through mate link. “I love you too, Jamie. But I am about to fall asleep in your arms right now.” I said back softly. My eyes were started to get heavier and started to close. Next thing I know is I am being lifted up bridal style and two girly laughs. “Thank you.” I whisper to Jamie. After that I let sleep take over me, and for once I got a good night sleep.